Nürburgring Nordschleife trip/track day 17-10

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday the 17th of October I plan to do a trip to the infamous Nordschleife of the Nürburgring, in the beautiful Eifel mountain area in the west of Germany. The Nordschleife circuit aka Die Grüne Hölle (The green hell), aka The Ring, is opened that day from 8.00 till 18.30 for tourists. I plan to go there with some friends to do some rounds ourselves on the circuit and hang out and enjoy watching other people's vehicles. I already went out there last month with my car, this time I'm taking the Fazer :D

Prices (toll) are: 1,0 Round € 23,00; 4,00 Rounds € 76,00; 8,0 Rounds € 146,00; 15 Rounds € 251,00; 25,0 Rounds € 391,00.

We are departing from Utrecht in the Netherlands, which is ~ 300km from the Ring. Leaving at 8.00 we should arrive around 11.00.

If anyone likes to join or meet up at The Ring, please let me know :welcome:

GkS

Reaction score
Visit site
I went last year with my fazer.....the place rocks!

It is also much better if you don't choose weekends to go to the track because it's very crowded and of course much more dangerous with all these k8's & mega-machines flying around you...

Have a nice time you and your buddies man and try to be safe because they don't call this track "the green hell" for nothing!!!
:thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Take care on the bike,a friend that did the Ring was scared senseless by the lack of courtesy that are given to bikes.some fella was drafting him at 150mph,went past,then cut straight across him.This happened at numerous places.

As you know having driven it,it can be very unforgiving...

Having said that,That would be a dream trip,just watch out for the cagers! :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Andre I can only manage the last weekend in September (as I posted here) :(
I was planning to do a ride into Germany, Personally I wouldn't do the Nurnburg ring without some track training (thats me :eek:) but it's a nice area to go for a ride in.

Hope to meet up with you later in the year.

Hope you have a great time, and a few pics would be great :thumbup:

BTW hows the move going?

Last edited:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I went a few years back to watch an F1 race. The place is amazing. Just the ride there through the mountains was breathtaking. The Germans seem to like American's so that helped. My German was god aweful. I know it may have been a once in a lifetime trip but I know I will return again. If you ever have a desire to go there make it happen, it will be worth every effort to go there. :rockon:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never been there, but that is an awesome track. I've mostly seen it from F1 racing.

Good luck, enjoy it and be safe.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the concerns for my safety people :thumbup:

I would prefer to go on a weekday because it's less crowded then but not everyone can get a weekday off from work. Also sometimes they close the track for motorcycles when it's very busy. There are also voluntary Marshalls on bikes patrolling the track. Those guys are very helpful and will lead the way on the track if you ask them. It's really helpful as they know the track inside out, as the track is about 20k you don't memorize it instantly ;-)

Speaking of F1, the current F1 track is separate from the Nordschleife which is the old track (where Niki Lauda crashed in the seventees) , it's not very well suited for modern F1 cars. Nick Heidfeld did a round of the Nordschleife in a F1 car:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceX5Wk-zSY]YouTube - BMW F1 Nurburgring Nordschleife Nick Heidfeld [ONBOARD][/ame]

@Martin, yeah I know let me know if you have plans for the last weekend of September, maybe I can join but I'm not sure yet. The move is going quite smoothly now. As of October 1st I'll be homeless, I hope my girlfriend doesn't kick me out :rolleyes:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
We went out yesterday to the Nordschleife. Unfortunately it was closed due to the fog :-( So we just had a Bratwurst and went back home. We did enjoy ourselves on the Autobahn though :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Andre, Shame it was foggy, it was such nice weather in Holland as well.
I was kicking myself thinking if I had had a free day I would definately have joined you.

Pleased you enjoyed your Bradworst though :rolleyes:

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Have fun and safe day at The Ring! :)

This is one of my things to do when I finally plans a trip to Europe.
When that is I don't know, but remember to take some pics for the rest of us!
Not when you're riding of course, leave the camera for someone else.