6/5 - Nordschleife Nürburgring Trip / Track Day

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Dear Fazerheads,

Wednesday the 6th of May I plan to do a trip to the infamous Nordschleife of the Nürburgring, in the beautiful Eifel mountain area in the west of Germany. The Nordschleife circuit aka Die Grüne Hölle (The green hell), aka The Ring, is opened that day from 8.00 till 19.30 for tourists. I plan to go there with some friends, also people with (nice) cars, do some rounds ourselves on the circuit and hang out and enjoy watching other people's vehicles. For more info on the public access to the circuit see here.

Prices (toll) are: 1,0 Round € 23,00; 4,00 Rounds € 76,00; 8,0 Rounds € 146,00; 15 Rounds € 251,00; 25,0 Rounds € 391,00.

We are departing from Utrecht in the Netherlands, which is ~ 300km from the Ring. Leaving at 8.00 we should arrive around 11.00.

Why do we go on a Wednesday? On weekends and public holidays it's just to busy on the circuit. Sometimes the circuit is even closed for motorcycles on those days :eek:

If anyone likes to join or meet up at The Ring, please let me know :welcome:

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
...I plan to do a trip to the infamous Nordschleife of the Nürburgring...

BE CAREFUL!!!:eek::eek::eek: Those are some nasty turns...I got to take a ride with a friend of mine while out there in his WRX while I was in Deutschland. I can't imagine being on two wheels and staring at a brick wall in almost every turn (no gravel for relief...you miss and you splat)!!!

I'm probably a little more nervous than I should be considering it was a rainy day and we were sliding this way and that...LOADS OF FUN!!!:rockon:

Still want to see pics and vids...don't let the officials catch you taking them though!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great trip have fun a shoot some video of your laps. :thumbup:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the concerns guys :thumbup: You're worse than my mother ;)

But seriously I've already been there many times with my car and last year for the first time on the Fazer. It is seriously more scary on the bike, but also more fun. I talked to this Marshal from Britain (they are volunteers) and he did a pace lap for me. He also told me you need about 50 laps to get to know the track. If it's wet weather I won't go on the bike but with the car instead.

I will certainly make some pictures and videos. Trying to arrange a helmet cam before the trip.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd really like to ride there. Lucky!

If you want to shorten your learning curve... There are a few very realistic driving simulation games that have the whole ring mapped out corner for corner.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Andre unfortunately I won't be able to make it, you're sure to have a great time, hope the weather holds for you :thumbup:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, looks like I'll be the lonely Fazer out there, as it still looks like only me and my mate with his BMW M3. We won't go if it rains btw.

Today I was playing with a helmet cam I borrowed. Shot some pics on my mountainbike. That went ok, next one is to attach it to my Fazer. Might be nice on the Nordschleife, although they don't want you to take videos there.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
oh man are you lucky! this would be a dream come true for me! Running the Fizzer round the Ring! :drool: :drool: I doubt I would be remotely fast but it would be fun!:thumbup:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it's definately fun :cheer: Last time I took the Fazer round I wasn't very fast either, but hey I have to get home on the bike too. I think I was just a bit faster then with my car (which is a pretty standard Ford Focus). Looking forward to going already :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, looks like I'll be the lonely Fazer out there, as it still looks like only me and my mate with his BMW M3. We won't go if it rains btw.

Today I was playing with a helmet cam I borrowed. Shot some pics on my mountainbike. That went ok, next one is to attach it to my Fazer. Might be nice on the Nordschleife, although they don't want you to take videos there.

Andre did you go to the ring and if so did you take any pics?

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Martin,

Sadly no, as it was raining wednesday :( No point in going there for a wet track. A new day will be planned in June, I'll post it here again.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it was pretty crappy weather here on Wednesday, but I hadn't really checked the German weather.
Looking forward to your ride report later in the year :thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure some of you have seen the Top Gear episode with Sabine and Hamster in the Transit van, she was passing bikes and cars in that van but she said she has thousands of laps experience which has to help!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure some of you have seen the Top Gear episode with Sabine and Hamster in the Transit van, she was passing bikes and cars in that van but she said she has thousands of laps experience which has to help!

yeah that was a really great episode, she deinately knew how to drive, and that together with her knowledge of the Ring :thumbup:

She's been back a couple of times on the show as a guest driver as well.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen in her my mirror in the so called Ring Taxi, only to be overtaken shortly after appearing in the mirror. She really knows her way around that circuit. :D