My Horn Mount Broke Off!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
:(

I rode the FZ6 to work the other day and when I got home my horn was hanging by the wires! The steel mount that bolts it to the triple tree had completely broken off, I suppose from 20K miles of vibration and my Hella horn was a little heavier than stock?

I will take a picture in a couple hours of it.

Are there any horn options that do not require the stock horn mount to attach? I don't want to rig something up with zip ties but I don't want to ride with no horn either.

When I mounted a FIAMM, it didn't like the stock mount. It needed a mounting arm that allowed the horn to vibrate slightly (i.e. the stock mounting arm I think was just too stiff). So I fabricated one from some 16-gauge steel, which allowed me to re-position the horn so it was pointing down more that straight forward.

So making your own should not be a big job.

How do you like that FIAMM horn?

They have a metal cutter and press in the warehouse shop at my company, I might be able to get them to cut me a piece of steel that would work as a new mount. It really needs to bolt into both 10mm mount holes though so it won't move around.

How do you like that FIAMM horn?
Definitely louder than stock, and for less than $20 a good inexpensive modification. I put one just like it on my daughter's car to give her a little upgrade too.

They have a metal cutter and press in the warehouse shop at my company, I might be able to get them to cut me a piece of steel that would work as a new mount. It really needs to bolt into both 10mm mount holes though so it won't move around.
I mounted to same location as stock, but my bracket went forward & up, thus allowing me to mount the new horn facing downward.

Back