Moto GP

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with my beautiful Fz6 that I love so dearly, but I haven't been able to find the info anywhere else, and I know there must be a few Moto GP fans puttin' around here....Just a simple question for anyone who would be so kind as to help me out:

What channel carries the Moto GP races in the US? I'm guessing it's just ESPN, but I want to make sure I get the channels I need when the season comes around.

Thanks in advance!

Winter sucks in Utah!!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, and Comcast wants me to buy a different package to get that channel too!

I wish we could order channels ala carte! There's SOOOO many I don't ever watch!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, and Comcast wants me to buy a different package to get that channel too!

I wish we could order channels ala carte! There's SOOOO many I don't ever watch!

"AMEN" :thumbup: same with Dish Network.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys! I'll have to see if a hefty cable package is in the budget :) Maybe I'll just see If I can't watch the races over at Iggy's Grill :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure how widespread they are but I have Grande Grande Communications – Digital Cable TV, High-Speed Internet and Local and Long Distance Telephone Service and with internet, cable and home phone we are only paying about $89 a month. I think we have the second tier cable package and they have Speed.

Oldfast, that article was spot on about the tiny field for Moto GP this year. I was reading two articles today about the costs of racing and attempts to bring the costs down and the intention isn't always the result. One is the change in AMA superbikes from running aftermarket parts; pistons, rods, etc. to running only stock. In this case stock doesn't last as long which equals more failures, rebuilds, more DNFs and more cost in the long run. The other was an article about the new 450 Super Single class that was pioneered in WERA last year. 450moto.com The idea here is to use a 450 four stroke MX bike as a road racer. There are concerns about how long a small four stroke will last road racing vs. a two stroke. My take is the net net is the same, bucks. Regardless it looks like Moto GP has put themselves in a similar situation.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We get the MotoGP on free-to-air (with crap commentary though), I have been watching it for the last couple of years on cable, but thinking of getting rid of that... $80 a month is getting a bit steep, seeing as it doesn't get used much apart from Moto's and footy.

I am considering getting the subscription package from Home | The Official MotoGP Website when the season is about to start.

Has anyone else used that, what is it like???

:)

Sorry to hi-jack your thread mate :eek:

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
We get the MotoGP on free-to-air (with crap commentary though), I have been watching it for the last couple of years on cable, but thinking of getting rid of that... $80 a month is getting a bit steep, seeing as it doesn't get used much apart from Moto's and footy.

I am considering getting the subscription package from Home | The Official MotoGP Website when the season is about to start.

Has anyone else used that, what is it like???

:)

Sorry to hi-jack your thread mate :eek:

No worries! I was considering the same, so let's hear those comments! :)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Winter sucks in Utah!!!!
Not a skier, I take it. I'm LOVING this heavy snow this year!! :rockon: Although it took me 50 minutes to make my ten minute commute after work, and another hour to blow out the driveway, that wasn't so fun...

Where in Utard do you live, Tremulant? I live in Washington Terrace, just south of Ogden.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I do snowboard actually, but I would much prefer a hot sunny day of motorbiking to a cold winter day of snorebaording...

I live in Bountiful. Right in the middle of Suburban hell :) So yeah, snowbaording passes the time, but I live to ride...

Anyways, back to the subject of MotoGP. Anyone have a subscription their website? Is it worth it?