Moto-777 levers finally arrived!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
So my new levers are finally here (well they actually got here Friday but I couldn't pick them up until lunch today). Quality-wise I think they are great, and for those who read (but didn't respond :() to my thread about my brake lever wobbling, the levers fixed that, my brake light no longer lights due to vibrations in the lever. There is still a little bit of play but nowhere near what used to be there. I might just put a washer or something in to shim up the difference.

Concerning filing like some of the early guinea pigs had to do, my levers required no filing whatsoever.

When I ordered my levers I was under the impression that black levers could only be had with red adjusters, so I opted for the blue ones, hoping it would be near the blue on my R6 fork adjusters/brake calipers.

Well it is not the same shade of blue. The moto-777 blue is more of a teal/turquoise. For now I'll just deal with it and ride it as is, but eventually I want to find a place to get them to match my R6 parts.

Here are the levers, sitting on my gloves on my gas tank. As you can see they are a few shades lighter than Yamaha blue.

0517001712.jpg

Here is the brake lever next to my old OEM one. It was worn a little near the pivot point, this is probably where the free play was coming from.

0517001816.jpg

Brake lever installed:

0517001820.jpg

Clutch lever installed: I had to pivot the lever assembly up a little bit to keep the lever from contacting the plastic part when fully squeezed, even after tensioning the clutch cable.

0517001829a.jpg

And here is the final product, both sides installed:

0517001829.jpg

All in all I like them much better than the factory ones, even though they don't match anything at all on the bike.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice. So I'm assuming any one of the auctions for yamaha levers will fit being I don't see any for a fz6, or am I missing something?

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the Yamaha ones are different. The FZ6 ones sell out every so often but he gets more of them in a week or two after he sells out. IIRC the 2nd gen FZ1 uses the same levers as our FZ6 does if you can find some listed for that.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
So an update after a couple days...even with the color mismatch I love these levers! No wobbly lever at all, went through all the RPMs and not a vibration anywhere, before it was horrible at 7k-14k and besides the noise, it was visibly wobbling and flickering my taillight. Now no wobble, no noise, and no flickering light. The one thing I have noticed is holding the clutch in at stop lights takes a little more effort due to not as much leverage, but I'll get used to it. All in all I'd have to say this was money well spent, and I'm glad I didn't pay the extra for the real Pazzos.:thumbup:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So an update after a couple days...even with the color mismatch I love these levers! No wobbly lever at all, went through all the RPMs and not a vibration anywhere, before it was horrible at 7k-14k and besides the noise, it was visibly wobbling and flickering my taillight. Now no wobble, no noise, and no flickering light. The one thing I have noticed is holding the clutch in at stop lights takes a little more effort due to not as much leverage, but I'll get used to it. All in all I'd have to say this was money well spent, and I'm glad I didn't pay the extra for the real Pazzos.:thumbup:

You talked me into them! just ordered mine!
thanks for the feed back

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
There are 2 threads going at the moment regarding these levers. But I'll post what I just did in the other thread.

From what I remember, I believe it took right around 2 weeks for mine to arrive. If I had to guess an exact number, I'd say 17 days. Wasn't too bad and for the price savings, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

I was worried that the blue wouldn't match (Yamaha used such a weird purplish blue that nothing seems to match it) so I went with black levers. If you talk to moto-777 before you order, you can specify red or black adjusters for your levers. I wanted black on black, but he sent me black levers with red adjusters. I emailed him to let him know and he promptly sent out some black adjusters with instructions on how to switch them out. Good guy, good product, GREAT price.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
How long did it take for them to come after your ordered them?

Mine took a little longer than most people are reporting, maybe they don't keep blue in stock. They arrived at my post office last Friday, May 14th. I ordered and paid for them on April 19th, so almost a month. They were worth the wait though.