Missing rider in CA

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
This was posted on another board I frequent and since I know how many people on this forum are from CA I thought I'd post it here too. I wish I could join the guys who are on the lookout as we speak but I'm located on the East coast :(

Here's what this thread is about:

156967_1386507681413_1793695492_729524_3998820_n.jpg

157053_500879298256_305738528256_5751213_6792293_n.jpg

I'm don't know anyone involved in this - I'm just spreading the word. If that's a repost feel free to delete this thread.

Hope for a positive outcome!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of those roads, you miss a turn and it's not forgiving at all, meaning you just go over the edge and dissapear.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah some people on that other board mentioned the same thing. Roads with a big drop-off are the only type of roads I (as a motorcyclist) wouldn't mind seeing guardrails on.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from the town of Tujunga and know that canyon very well, I fished it for many years. Its pretty twisty especially up where the hang gliders fly. I'm headed that way on the 26th, so I will check with my friends that ride while I'm there. I hope he's ok too!

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
this is really bad...so, is there any updates on this, its been like a week?? Would they get a search team up there with a helicopter or something? If he went off the road, they should be able to see his bike sitting somewhere near the road.

I used to ride up there a lot by myself, I was always afraid of crashing too because there is absolutely no reception up there and it gets freezing on the mountain at night..

Last edited:

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden these roads many times.

Some things that are catching my attention:

-4:30 PM was too late in the day to take this ride. It was too close to nightfall and the weather was bad. Would have been a cold, wet, dark, and lonely ride.

-Newcombs Ranch was probably closed. Although he could have just wanted to ride there and back, but unlikely there would have been anyone there to hang out with.

If he did take this ride, it's possible that he ran off the road at some point. Traffic on Angeles Crest has been very light ever since the Station fire closed some of the access roads on the Los Angeles side. It's highly likely that no one would have seen him crash, if he did.

Hope the best for him and his family.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
-4:30 PM was too late in the day to take this ride. It was too close to nightfall and the weather was bad. Would have been a cold, wet, dark, and lonely ride.

animal running out on road trying to swerve around plus bad conditions would make for a bad scenario

i hope he's okay but a week is a long time. bu people have survived through crazier things

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What can we learn from this?

If riding alone, tell somebody where you will be going and when you should be back.

Carrying a Spotracker is something to think about too.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad news indeed.
We are all assuming he crashed..................dont forget,some people WANT to disappear.
Not saying he did,but it is an option.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad news indeed.
We are all assuming he crashed..................dont forget,some people WANT to disappear.
Not saying he did,but it is an option.

I hope the bloke is alright & hasnt met with foul play or something :( but Mick raises a great point , he may have been in all sorts of trouble & just wanted to disappear :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If riding alone, tell somebody where you will be going and when you should be back.

I never ride alone, no matter how close to home, without my Spot tracker device with me just because of things like this happening.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Also, if riding alone, don't ride "stupid" when you're alone!

I have Google maps on my BB with Google Latitude running. My wife and kids can see on Google maps where I am at all times within a certain radius or at least where I was last reporting from. And yes, when I travel alone, I always lay out my route for them in case of emergency. Last, I keep my cell phone in the upper pocket closest to my head and secured. I just hope that an accident doesn't damage it and it is there to use if I am able to call.

AND!!! The 1st contact on the phone is I.C.E. WIFE! Everyone should I.C.E. their phone contacts!

Last edited: