lights dimming

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else notice that when they use a directional, the opposite lights, and headlights dim when the opposite side lights? So if going left, the right side markers will dime when the left side lights. :confused:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don;t notice the headlights doing it but the opposite directional does do it, i figured that since they were on the same circuit that it was just "borrowing a little bit of power" also when you notice it you are probably just idling, which means that the bike is not producing as much electricity for the systems as when you are up in the RPM range, i would say that there is not too much to worry about unless it gets very drastic.

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I notice the headlights dim a bit when I let the RPM drop below about 2000, and I *think* I can sometimes notice the tiniest dimming when I turn on the signal sometimes. But the bike never stalls and always starts so I'm not worried about it.

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah thats what I was figuring...it goes when I put the key in it in the morning...jsut though it was odd they they dimmed with just the directionals goin!