It's Time To Ban The Motorcycle

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW..... Let's show up at this guys house, beat him up a bit, and tell him this could have been prevented if we banned the radical left from being columnists.... Seriously... it's a risk WE take and if WE choose to take it so be it... People need to stop worrying about others and how they can "protect" us from ourselves, and move on.:Flip::Flip::Flip::Flip::Flip:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
I totally agree with the article, ban everything that raises our risk, including:

Cars

Planes

Stairs

Sex

Pets

Pets Having Sex (poor little buggers are so rigorous...)

Hot Coffee

Alcohol

Tobacco

Guns

Knives

Toothpicks

:BLAA:

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I totally agree with the article, ban everything that raises our risk, including:

Cars

Planes

Stairs

Sex

Pets

Hot Coffee

Alcohol

Tobacco

Guns

Knives

Toothpicks

Guns yes guns, ban those first before friggen motor cycles sheesh!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps we should ban cardiac disease and cancer as well? Maybe we're onto something here!:spank:

Crotalus

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know, riding my bike just doesn't seem that dangerous....
I'm a paratrooper whose been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, and now work as a full time cop. Doing either job is dangerous.

Let's ban soldiers and cops. Both have a bad habit of getting hurt or dying.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know, riding my bike just doesn't seem that dangerous....
I'm a paratrooper whose been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, and now work as a full time cop. Doing either job is dangerous.

Let's ban soldiers and cops. Both have a bad habit of getting hurt or dying.

I've got an Italian fiancée. Doing a stoppie, on the white lines, while lane splitting, through a red light is probably more safe than reminding my girl that the dishes need doing.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Can't we ban idiots like this from speaking to anything more than their parrot?
:ban:

What a stupid load of drivel. Nice to remind ourselves what we share the road with!!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

Cars

Planes

Stairs

Sex

Pets

Hot Coffee

Alcohol

Tobacco

Guns

Knives

Toothpicks

You forgot a few:

Exercise

Swimming

Boating

snorkeling

mountain climbing

skiing

bbq-ing!

eating meat

using a knife to cut our food

electricity!

driving over bridges

driving through tunnels

this could go on for pages!

Then, there’s the economic impact that motorcycle crashes have on you and me. The cost to us all in terms of increased health-insurance costs — if not direct taxpayer costs — to cover those people injured in and by motorcycle accidents who can’t afford to pay. The increased cost of auto insurance from damage inflicted and received, not to mention untold billions in insurance payouts to motorcycle drivers. The court time taken up by accidents involving motorcycle drivers. The cost of accident-scene public services such as police and fire.

What about the fact that there are 1,000's of times more vehicle crashes on the roads also raising insurance rates? This is a result of the fact that there are 1,000's of times more 4 wheeled vehicles on the roads than 2 wheeled. We should all just walk or ride livestock! :spank:

Edit: Some of those comments are excellent!

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard in my life !!!!! Please tell me this is supposed to be tongue in cheek :shakehead:

This is the way I look at it :thumbup:

My curfew was the street lights. My Mum called my name, not my mobile. I played outside with friends, not online. If I didn't eat what my Mum cooked, then I didn't eat. Sanitizer didn't exist, but you COULD get your mouth washed out with soap. I rode a bike without a helmet, getting dirty was ace and neighbours looked out for you as much as your parents did. I drank from a garden hose and survived !!!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't we ban idiots like this from speaking to anything more than their parrot?

That would be cruelty to animals. Not good!

I think we should ban... Life - i mean, it's terminal disease, always ends the same way, and, is technically an STD.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
That guy if full of crap! Fatalities are due to poor vehicle maintenance, cel phone use, old people high on medicine and just plain dumb idiot that can't drive in strait line! I've been living in S Florida for 3 years now. If you go South on I95 from West Palm Beach to Miami in rush hour on rainy a day, you will find someone in a wall every 30 miles.

If 18% of deadly crash are due to DUY, maybe we should ban Starbuck coffee and save the other 82%?

Bike don't kill people. Same for guns, alcohol. What about we make it a felony to hit a bike with a car. Or be as strict as DUY about cel phone use while driving... that would fix some problem...

At the end of the day... there bigger battle to be fought!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:D Thinking and being positive is good for your health and well being...:rockon:

Last edited:

Vertigo

Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped caring after reading that he doesn't even ride. I wonder how he would feel if we just go ahead and ban any car that can do over 70....really no need to ever go faster than that on public roads, so why make them....give me a break. Some people really need to learn how to stop "trying" to protect people.

basejumpyeah

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this guy is just a huge real life troll. He is probably getting exactly what he wants with everyone getting so upset.

And if he is not, and he truly believes this stuff... It's pointless discussing it. Trying to speak logic with someone like that is like trying to kick water uphill.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Then, there’s the economic impact that motorcycle crashes have on you and me. The cost to us all in terms of increased health-insurance costs — if not direct taxpayer costs — to cover those people injured in and by motorcycle accidents who can’t afford to pay. The increased cost of auto insurance from damage inflicted and received, not to mention untold billions in insurance payouts to motorcycle drivers. The court time taken up by accidents involving motorcycle drivers. The cost of accident-scene public services such as police and fire....

...and yet, the Florida Department of Transportation estimates Floridians will still have to pay $190 million to cover unpaid costs associated with motorcycle crashes this year alone,

The above are the same arguments used to justify helmet laws, i.e, cost to society to care for those without insurance who injure themselves. If you accept them to justify helmet laws, how can you argue that banning motorcycles altogether is not the logical final step? As I have stated before, if you allow someone else to make decisions for you, even ones you can live with that seem reasonable to you (like requiring riders to wear helmets), then there is nothing stopping someone else deciding on some rule you do not like.

To be clear, I think it is really, really stupid to ride without a full-face helmet. But it is not up to me to make that choice for you.

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
well americans, if he gets his way and gets to ban motorcycles in the US ... feel free to come to europe and visit our different cultures and nature ;)
in the meantime he can continue to sit in his mothers house and write stuff on the interweb...