Installed the Garmin Zumo 550

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Garmin Zumo 550

This is the first mod I have done.... and it went smoothly. I followed Ant's method and it looks nice. It was raining all day so I did not get to take it for a test ride.

This way I can find my way to the FZ6 rally in North Carolina. :thumbup:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool, hope it works, also where did you mount it, and can it come off when you park in a public place in the event off somebody doing anything to it.

:needpics:

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
cool, hope it works, also where did you mount it, and can it come off when you park in a public place in the event off somebody doing anything to it.

:needpics:
Hubby has a moto mount for his that Locks and yes you can remove it when you stop. It is waterproof.

Trina

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Now all you need is one of these! It replaces the security and you can twist it with your fingers. No more little screwdriver and it's off and on in 2 seconds. :)

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the Zumo for about a week now. Loaded with 998 tunes, this thing is awesome. I have a pretty big tankbag, so I had to keep moving it around to find a spot that didn't block the speedo. I've just used it around town so far, but this thing is going to be great on trips. As requested, here are some pics:

View attachment 3124

View attachment 3125

View attachment 3126

moo cow

Reaction score
Visit site
that's pretty slick. i assume you have earbuds for the music, so can you hear the nice english lady that says, 'hmmm, i think you missed your turn!"

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
yes, I have ear buds. I'm going to get a 3.5mm extension cable and run it from my Zumo, under the gas tank to under the seat, near my left leg. That way, the earbud cord won't get in the way (as it does now).