Yaayyy! That sounds so BAD ASS!! :steve:

Cool video!

Great job Donny!

Cliff

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all good Donny, the Bellypan, the lack of front brake, the monster rear disc brake, the fat arse rear tyre, the whole "vibe'...especially the smile on your dial when the sucker fires!

I wanna see burnouts when this thing is up and running...will be interesting with no front brake!!!!

:rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all good Donny, the Bellypan, the lack of front brake, the monster rear disc brake, the fat arse rear tyre, the whole "vibe'...especially the smile on your dial when the sucker fires!

I wanna see burnouts when this thing is up and running...will be interesting with no front brake!!!!

LMAO!! it will have front brakes,and a skinny rear tire optimum for burn outs!! Lol ...I am going this week to pick up another donor bike to salvage the missing controls and rear wheel from.... shouldn't be long after that i'll have it ride-able and then i'm going to make a tire burning squid vid!! :rockon: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO!! it will have front brakes,and a skinny rear tire optimum for burn outs!! Lol ...I am going this week to pick up another donor bike to salvage the missing controls and rear wheel from.... shouldn't be long after that i'll have it ride-able and then i'm going to make a tire burning squid vid!! :rockon: :D

Can you make sure your wearing shorts and a singlet, and that you have a fag hangin out ya gob when you make that video...would be most appropriate!

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Can you make sure your wearing shorts and a singlet, and that you have a fag hangin out ya gob when you make that video...would be most appropriate!

pretty sure he wouldn't want to be doing that. ;)

so funny that y'all call cigarets fags. where did that come from?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

LMAO!! You got man!! i will wear the Squid approved full gear,Flip Flop's,Wife beater,Short britches,Shades,and have a Smoke hangin out my Pie hole.... I'll even ask the camera man to "Hold my Beer and watch this" !! :rof:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO!! You got man!! i will wear the Squid approved full gear,Flip Flop's,Wife beater,Short britches,Shades,and have a Smoke hangin out my Pie hole.... I'll even ask the camera man to "Hold my Beer and watch this" !! :rof:

That's what i am talking about.....you have the "vision"!!!!

Awesome, cant wait!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been Busy!! :D I pulled the clutch cover saturday and saw it had been replaced recently. :D so i put that all back together.....My buddy Dane came over this afternoon so while I had him here it seemed like a good time to open up the lower slots for the axle to fit so i could get some ground clearance... :rockon: :D and while i was at it I decided to hack off the rear fender..... :thumbup: it's funny what beer can make seem a good idea .... :iconbeer:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have changed my mind,on the chopper build after I found an xs650 forum where people actualy respond to my post's XS650 Forum ......the hard tail frame is just too .....well Rigid!! LOL I'm going to modify the original frame and repaint it Red,and put some shorter shocks on the rear to make a Brat style Bobber out of it...at least this way i will be able to ride it!! :rockon: :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck yeah that'll work! If it were a longer frame to begin with it might be ok as a hard tail but you are prolly better off on that frame with a swing arm. Man! you don't quit! :rockon:Hahaha!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have changed my mind,on the chopper build after I found an xs650 forum where people actualy respond to my post's XS650 Forum ......the hard tail frame is just too .....well Rigid!! LOL I'm going to modify the original frame and repaint it Red,and put some shorter shocks on the rear to make a Brat style Bobber out of it...at least this way i will be able to ride it!! :rockon: :D

Sounds like a really good idea.....it will be much more rideable, and will look better as well i reckon.

:thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck yeah that'll work! If it were a loger frame to begin with it might be ok as a hard tail but you are prolly better off on that frame with a swing arm. Man! you don't quit! :rockon:Hahaha!
LOL......Quit?? the word is not in my vocabulary!! :D I cut the spring on one of the shocks earlier today to make sure i was gonna like it before i spend money on the new shorter ones....

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a really good idea.....it will be much more rideable, and will look better as well i reckon.

:thumbup:
Your right Jamie!! I'm thinking it's a whole lot better idea too....I've got a pretty good bit of coin tied up in this project and the closer i get to finishing it the less I like it.....I mean i'm kinda old!! LOL... I don't think my back could handle even a short ride with no suspension,and i don't want to be gimped up when I get older! LOL so Brat style Bobber it is!! :rockon: :D

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

Love the 'Brat' look :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm leaving it a hard tail chopper too much work to turn back now...... I finished the belly cowl exhaust today!!! I used what was left from the rear fender a little bourbon sawing and drilling and BAM!! we got a one of a kind chopper exhaust.... What do you think???? :BLAA: :rockon: :D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
first time i think im seeing the finished product here.

i got to say, that.......I don't know what to call it exactly because I'm loathe to call it a machine.....creation is really something else.

At first glance I was sort of turned off by it because it wasnt your typical shiny custom machine that is all pleasant aesthetically with curves and swooping lines and a glittering paint job. But then I kept looking at it. It has a sort of simple beauty that I cant quite put my finger on.

All I can say is that you have managed to imbue some sort of essence and soul into that "machine". There is something that has been lost in the expensive custom jobs and factory machines being produced today. You have recaptured that. Seeing your bike finally having come together is a joy to behold.

I like it. I like it a lot.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
first time i think im seeing the finished product here.

i got to say, that.......I don't know what to call it exactly because I'm loathe to call it a machine.....creation is really something else.

At first glance I was sort of turned off by it because it wasnt your typical shiny custom machine that is all pleasant aesthetically with curves and swooping lines and a glittering paint job. But then I kept looking at it. It has a sort of simple beauty that I cant quite put my finger on.

All I can say is that you have managed to imbue some sort of essence and soul into that "machine". There is something that has been lost in the expensive custom jobs and factory machines being produced today. You have recaptured that. Seeing your bike finally having come together is a joy to behold.

I like it. I like it a lot.
Well Thankyou very much!! i've got to say you've given me my best revue EVER!! LOL if i may indulge for a moment..... what i tried to do was let the bike tell me what it wanted to be....i know that sound's CRAZY..... but i stared at this thing for hours upon hours ....imagining riding it ,and wanting it to be every cool bike i've ever seen in a magazine or movie ,and to take their best aspects and give them to it..... :rockon: :BLAA: