• shiny paint lots of chrome.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:DXS 650 XS650 BOBBER CHOPPER SPRINGER SOLD This is what ive been looking for!!! :D WELL I now am the proud owner of a 1980 yamaha xs 650 bobber chopper!!!I am going to swap it all over to the hardtail frame and I would really appreciate ideas for paint colors,seat choice handlebars and any other help anyone could give me on this project. i'm going to take pic's all the way through the build and let y'all know how thing's are going together.THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!!! http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/14803-got-xs-chopper-painted.html well today was a good day!I got the chopper stipped down to the bare bones.my brother rode over on his 94,1100 Honda shadow.so naturally the race was on! We tightened the chain on the donor bike and headed out to the main road.I remember thinkin how strong the little twin felt.so we got our opening and we headed out at a drag race pace .the houses around us were alive with the ear blistering roar of the two staight piped twins as they raced off around the first curve.Bronson slowed down and waved for me to come up beside him.but there was alot of oncoming traffic,and i don't know if you've ever ridden a chopper but let me fill you in on a little insider joke.you feel like it could fly appart at any time and with your feet out in front of you and a very thin seat with a backwards angle to it you feel like your gonna slide off the back when you gas it!other than that it's a total blast!!so finnally we get some clear road and i get up beside him we dropped down to about 35mph and i dropped down to second gear and GAGGED IT!!! I jumped him a good bike,and held him off till around 60mph then he slowly came on by and dusted me.BUT MAN IT WAS FUN!!!!!now we get to the interesting part.I had'nt bothered to really give the doner bike a good looking over and when i came to a stop inoticed a scrapping noise.i gave the bike a good looking over and found the chain gaurd had lost its bolt and was rubbing the sprocket.so i had no way to tie it up because i had'nt got the bike ready for the road.so what to do?why not try to rip it off with my bare hand's!!! so that's what i tried to do.i got it bent out of the way enough to make it home anyway.It was a good day!I found a forum to get some help with my build finally!! http://www.xs650.com/ [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0i52ChANnM[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited:
Re: xs 650 bobber chopper

Leaks oil around the drain plug.

Some plumbers wool or tape around the drainplug will stop that I would think. It looks like a good restore job. Good look with it.

Steve

Re: xs 650 bobber chopper

Leaks oil around the drain plug.

Some plumbers wool or tape around the drainplug will stop that I would think. It looks like a good restore job. Good look with it.

Steve
it just needs a crush washer on the plug.i'll bring some home tommorow and take care of it.:D thankyou for the tip with the wool,and plumbers tape.

Holy sh*t! You bought it! Damn, I am laughing so hard right now, and I'm not sure why. Must be that S**t eating grin on your face, too cool!

If I were doing it I'd make it as Rat Rod as possible.

That is going to be fun!:rockon:

Holy sh*t! You bought it! Damn, I am laughing so hard right now, and I'm not sure why. Must be that S**t eating grin on your face, too cool!

If I were doing it I'd make it as Rat Rod as possible.

That is going to be fun!:rockon:
I HAVE A PERMANANT GRIN!! LOL the frame is going to my brother's shop tommorow to be blasted and primed.this is just way to cool!!!!:D i cant decide if i want to go Captain America with it or the rat rod?

I voted for shiny paint and chrome , why ???? Because a chopper aint a chopper without chrome :D :drool: BLING BLING BLING , BLING BLING :rof:.......Oh and a super sweet Candy Apple Red paint job :thumbup:

i found some chopper pics the captain america is the shiny one that was in Easy Rider.and the black one is an Exile bike.i thought this might help with the poll. :D

Nice. I say go flat black with the paint (I really like the Exile cycles in terms of look). And some drag bars would be good or bars more like the FZ has. Btw are you fixing the fz too?

Wow I didnt even bother too look for a forum cool.:rockon:what are you doing with the honda?you choppin it?

I'm doing a mild restore...not quite back to original. Putting some big tiller/beach style bars on it and a solo seat. Not a whole lot you can do with the frame on the 305-Dreams. I'll post pics when its done.

Nice. I say go flat black with the paint (I really like the Exile cycles in terms of look). And some drag bars would be good or bars more like the FZ has. Btw are you fixing the fz too?
yea the fz is at the shop getting estimated for it's damage.I like the look of the flat black exile style too,but I have allway's been a fan of the flashy paint job's and chrome also.my Brother has a paint booth so it would'nt cost me much just the price of the supplies.so i'm torn between the two right now.:D yea i want to find some lower bar's it's going to be ridden alot!:D

I voted for shiny paint and chrome , why ???? Because a chopper aint a chopper without chrome :D :drool: BLING BLING BLING , BLING BLING :rof:.......Oh and a super sweet Candy Apple Red paint job :thumbup:
I think the candy apple red would be a good color for the frame.:D

Looks like a lot of fun. I have never seen a bike with white wall tyres before. :eek:

Bling, bling, bling, by the way.
Dude! you've never seen a bike with white wall tires!!! wow, your missing out! here in america a cool chopper has to at least have a white wall on the rear gives it the retro look.then too be really cool you can't have shocks on the rear and the springer front end is the ultimate statement of this bike beat,s my kidney's too death!! but man it is cool!!!:D

Back