I bought a yamaha xs650 chopper!

WHAT style should i go with?

• flat black very little chrome.

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • shiny paint lots of chrome.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
It got them out of the way for the forward controls too!! so hope fully tommorow we can drill a couple of holes find the right posistion to clear the cases and be realy close to riding this thing!! (or being tortured by it) LOL

Yes i reckon your in for a joint rattling ride! LOL! :D

a question for someone building a bike (obviously you) is this considered a complete bike build? as in when you take it to MVA is this a homemade build? or just restoration? ... if it is a build whats the local laws? a friend of mine built (as in completely custom) his own bike, and when he took it to the MVA they said here is your reg, you now have built the only bike you legally can... as in since he made a "homemade" chopper... he is only allowed one in a life time... as in he is no longer ALLOWED to build a bike LEGALLY... have you run into this? seems like the man sticking his nose wehre it doesnt belong again..

a question for someone building a bike (obviously you) is this considered a complete bike build? as in when you take it to MVA is this a homemade build? or just restoration? ... if it is a build whats the local laws? a friend of mine built (as in completely custom) his own bike, and when he took it to the MVA they said here is your reg, you now have built the only bike you legally can... as in since he made a "homemade" chopper... he is only allowed one in a life time... as in he is no longer ALLOWED to build a bike LEGALLY... have you run into this? seems like the man sticking his nose wehre it doesnt belong again..
Good question.... well I have a clear title for the bike allready...it came with the engine donor...so it is registered as it was originaly...i've never heard of the senario your freind described to you,and i've built many Complete Custom bikes just like this one for other people with thier money!! LOL....did you see the video slid show?? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtkjxG45wo[/ame] oh and as far as homebuilt goes i built it at my home.

Last edited:
oh and as far as homebuilt goes i built it at my home.

Hahaha ! You know you have an awesome wife when she comes home from visiting her mom from back east and you have your friends Dodge Daytona trans-axle on the dining room table! Hahaha! Love this woman!

Cliff

Hahaha ! You know you have an awesome wife when she comes home from visiting her mom from back east and you have your friends Dodge Daytona trans-axle on the dining room table! Hahaha! Love this woman!

Cliff
LMAO!! shes a saint!! :rof:

I got the dirt bike tire off my Ebay rim finally !! LOL I was bidding on a matching rear spoke wheel,but I got busy toward's the end of the auction and LOST!! oh well back to searching for another one!! :D :rockon: :D

I got the dirt bike tire off my Ebay rim finally !! LOL I was bidding on a matching rear spoke wheel,but I got busy toward's the end of the auction and LOST!! oh well back to searching for another one!! :D :rockon: :D

That ride is looking sweet!

That ride is looking sweet!
Thankyou!! did you notice the cardboard belly cowl the headers are running into?? i'm making that out of stainless steel.......... It should have an Exotic exhaust note to say the least!! LOL... I have never seen it done before.....maybe I might be the first.... :jawdrop::rof:

Thankyou!! did you notice the cardboard belly cowl the headers are running into?? i'm making that out of stainless steel.......... It should have an Exotic exhaust note to say the least!! LOL... I have never seen it done before.....maybe I might be the first.... :jawdrop::rof:

I think you should leave the Bellypan cardboard, maybe even fit a cardboard seat cowl, or headlight fairing too.....:justkidding:

I think the Bellypan will look awesome...nice touch Donny.

:thumbup:

I think you should leave the Bellypan cardboard, maybe even fit a cardboard seat cowl, or headlight fairing too.....:justkidding:

I think the Bellypan will look awesome...nice touch Donny.

:thumbup:
LMAO :rof: You know thats not a bad idea.. if I get a big enough cardboard box,I could make Full Fairing!! :rof:

LMAO :rof: You know thats not a bad idea.. if I get a big enough cardboard box,I could make Full Fairing!! :rof:

Now ya talking...drink a carton of beer while doing it, and you will have a full "Streamliner" before ya done! ROF!

:rockon:

Now ya talking...drink a carton of beer while doing it, and you will have a full "Streamliner" before ya done! ROF!

:rockon:
I got a feeling "Duct Tape" stocks are going to rise before I get this thing on the road!! LMFAO !! :rof:( full on stream liner) LOL good one!!

red bone 2.avi (file://LEA-PC/Users/~LEA~/Videos/red%20bone%202.avi)
i hope this works!!!! nope it didnt

It's Alive!!! with actual video this time!! LOL [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0i52ChANnM]YouTube - Red Bone final cut[/ame] :rockon:

Hahaha! I love it.LMAO!. Now make a stinger for the back end!
Haha!

Cliff

Back