HVMP bar ends (HEAVY!) review

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered mine too. Been wanting these for a while now and after winning a bid on fleabay, I was inspired:BLAA:

Tiger Eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered mine this morning (Australian EST) and looking forward to putting them on. I am riding down to Phillip Island for the Moto GP in Oct. Will post to see what they do to my 09 FZ6s. I hope the work its a 4 day ride and my last tour stopped after 2 because of the buzz and a bung right hand from a car accident in Dubblin - great town bad drivers haha.
Got mine the day before my first really long ride on the Fz6 - My thoughts are this: nice to have the buzz above legal speeds but still not enough damping. After four 10 hour days right had totally stuffed. Loved the ride though and loved the country side. Victoria has some really nice roads and teh south coast of NSW is just awesome.
Back to the bar ends - good product and yes does change the nature of the vibes.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had these on my bars for about a month. Regular street riding it does nothing for me. Freeway riding makes a difference, a decent difference. But they are so expensive im keeping them on even if they dont solve the vibration problems comepletely. If anything they are an expensive handle bar decoration :rockon:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased these from a member here and so happy that I did! Over the weekend I rode about 310 miles in a single day. It was a mixture of twisties, back roads and some highway. While there is still some buzz in the bars, my hands were much less fatigued and I had no tingling or numbness. Usually on longer rides, my hands would start to tingle etc.

Verdict : HVMP bar ends do the trick! Not a dramatic difference, but a subtle and effective one.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
what if you filled the stock handlebars with weight somehow.Would that help with the vibration issue?

yes, big time. I can't find the link but if you search for my posts you should be able to find it. I filled my bars with mixture of silicone and bb gun ammo.
Another member filled bars with sand

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ Have you used the HVMP bar ends?

I bought a set last year and am satisfied completely. No need to fill the bars with anything.

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
I filled my renthals with lead(about 2lbs) had them tapped for stock ends. They still hum at speeds over 50mph, I might go back to steel bars with a riser, or I might give these a shot.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ Have you used the HVMP bar ends?

I bought a set last year and am satisfied completely. No need to fill the bars with anything.

Nope. I have rizoma bar and I like the look of rizoma bar ends. So not HVMP for me. Besides - bar fill is cheap, cost is next to nothing.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, big time. I can't find the link but if you search for my posts you should be able to find it. I filled my bars with mixture of silicone and bb gun ammo.
Another member filled bars with sand

That might have been me :D
I ended up dumping the sand though. After a couple of months I noticed that my throttle wouldn't roll back to zero as fast as before. Turned out the sand had been creeping out along the threads of the bar ends and in between the bar and throttle :eek: During a few rainy rides the sand had become moist, but I was lucky to escape without corrosion.
I should of course have added some kind of plug instead of just filling the bars with sand thinking the bar ends would keep it there.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
That might have been me :D
I ended up dumping the sand though. After a couple of months I noticed that my throttle wouldn't roll back to zero as fast as before. Turned out the sand had been creeping out along the threads of the bar ends and in between the bar and throttle :eek: During a few rainy rides the sand had become moist, but I was lucky to escape without corrosion.
I should of course have added some kind of plug instead of just filling the bars with sand thinking the bar ends would keep it there.

Ouch! My rizoma bars have no holes and I did not use sand.
Old school way to fill with sand is to plug holes first with silicone and then fill in with sand. I much prefer some lead/steel ammo mixed with silicone.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! My rizoma bars have no holes and I did not use sand.
Old school way to fill with sand is to plug holes first with silicone and then fill in with sand. I much prefer some lead/steel ammo mixed with silicone.

I guess I had an off brain day when I forgot plug properly :D
I would have used lead ammo instead of sand but that has become illegal to buy in Denmark.

Last edited:

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I think bb ammo in general has become illegal because quite often it only wounds animals? :spank:

Well, I don't know -I never shot any animal in my life.
But I love shooting targets. Is target shooting prohibited as well?
This is the kind of ammo I am talking about - just bunch of little balls:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Copperhead-Copper-Coated-Bottle/dp/B000HKKY7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337102971&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Crosman Copperhead 6000 Copper Coated BBs in a Bottle: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't know -I never shot any animal in my life.
But I love shooting targets. Is target shooting prohibited as well?
This is the kind of ammo I am talking about - just bunch of little balls:
Amazon.com: Crosman Copperhead 6000 Copper Coated BBs in a Bottle: Sports & Outdoors

I have heard different explanations when I asked people about bb ammo...
One of them was the hunting animals thing...
I could buy the bb ammo in either Sweden or Germany but then I had to get a hunters license first and then illegaly import it... so I'm just going to make due with HVMP bar ends :)

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I could buy the bb ammo in either Sweden or Germany but then I had to get a hunters license first and then illegaly import it... so I'm just going to make due with HVMP bar ends :)

Wow! Sure, whatever works for you. If you still want to do it on the budget - you can really use any small metal bits like heavy nuts, bolts, etc.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe you should head out to a fishing supply store...
You should be able to find some small lead weights/balls...
They are almost the same in size/form as the BB ammo...

Grtz,

Degake