5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha my roommate freshman year was from Pewaukee and used to talk about the Oshkosh Air Show all the time.

The air show is a pretty large attraction, usually between 700,000 and a million people show up, and our local airport becomes the busiest in the word. I have met people there from all over the world, it truly is a sight to behold!

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is as exciting as it gets here in Carleton Place. This is Town Hall, right on the main street. I looked for other pics, but I got nothing!

Great thread BTW, must have been started when I was away.

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
So I'll add my place :)

I'm from Warsaw, Poland.
In the picture is the same place and how it looked when destroyed by Germans during the WWII, and how it looks now. I guess it much more cosy nowadays. :)

Last edited:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently live in Aldermaston which is a lovely little village, here's a painting from 1859 and a recent photo which shows that it has hardly changed.

Then there's the massive atomic weapons factory which makes all of the uk's nuclear arsenal.

Lovely

AWE - Our Sites > Our Sites

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is as exciting as it gets here in Carleton Place. This is Town Hall, right on the main street. I looked for other pics, but I got nothing!

Great thread BTW, must have been started when I was away.

What an amazing looking building Steph , i agree this is a great thread......The history behind some of these pic's and place's makes me realise how boringly young Australia is :(

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What an amazing looking building Steph , i agree this is a great thread......The history behind some of these pic's and place's makes me realise how boringly young Australia is :(

Ya know, they say the grass is always greener. I would LOVE to go to Australia.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know i posted Sydney when the thread first started but i now live in Brisbane so i thought i might show some of our sites up here :thumbup:

The second pic is ANZAC square which will fall deafly quiet at 4:29am on Saturday morning 25th April as our country stops to hommage to the courage and sacrifice to our fallen soldiers.....As we remember those who never returned from the indescribable hell that was ANZAC cove , the tiny little beach in Turkey that formed a bond between to counties that will never be forgotten.........At the going down of the sun and in the morning , we will remember them...........

ANZAC Cove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Great thread, here are a few from my hometown in PA. We are the home of the Little League World Series, the former millionaire capital of the world, and also the famous Hiawatha riverboat. The first shot is of the new stadium built next to the old one, very nice facility, cardboarding down the hill is pretty famous. The second is just a couple houses along Millionaire's Row which used to be where all the lumber barons lived. Now they are mostly apartments for college students. And then of course the mighty Hiawatha, I used to work on it as a crew cheif and bartender years ago, probably the best job ever.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
As the police officer says at the accident scene - "nuthin' to see here, move along." But, here's a local landmark. It's officially called the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, but everybody around here calls it the Big Mac bridge.