Hometown "Landmarks"

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. I live in a really old English Village, no real landmarks to speak of other than the fact the Beckhams live there....(Boring!!) But I do work just around the corner from the Imperial War Museum in Duxford... Which is just an amazing place!

Only thing better than a Spitfire as a landmark is a mighty F-111 & there just happens to be one of them at Duxford too ;) :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any new members out there that wanna share..

Does TC Yasi count as a landmark ?? I know its consuming our lives at the moment ;)

Yasiradarloop_fct1024x630_ct325x200.jpg

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I live in MA now, but grew up in Erie, PA. couple of landmarks from Erie:

No pictures of "cruising the dock"? :)

Cruising the dock and drag racing in my Firebird was my favorite part of being in Erie for school from 88-92.

Then again, if you're younger than me, from what I hear, "the dock" doesn't really exist for cruising any more.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I am from Basingstoke, England. We have more roundabouts than probably anywhere else in the world, giving us the nickname doughnut city. Basingstoke is where Elizabeth Hurley is from. And more recently it was where Top Gear filmed the sequence of a Ford Fiesta being chased by a Corvette through a shopping centre. Many people make jokes about my town calling it Amazingstoke (sarcasm), Boringstoke, Basingjoke, Blazingsmoke or even Basingscrote. But in between growing up in both Switzerland and Denmark this is where I call home.

Here is Festival Place the shopping centre.
View attachment 33711

Here is a photo of some skid marks in a shop from the filming, it took them weeks to remove them.
View attachment 33712

Here is one of the many roundabouts this one is called victory roundabout.
View attachment 33713