highest milage on an fz6

zonkkk

Reaction score
Visit site
Mines an '06, bought brand new in April of '07 and I have over 85,000 miles on my bike.

I had my valves checked for the first time at 73k miles about 9 months ago by the dealership and mostly were within specs, but a few of them needing some minor adjustments, maybe one might have been a bit off.

Why did you have them checked? I was going to have mine checked for the 60000mls service but engine runs fine and I'd rather not pay the money for nothing.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why did you have them checked? I was going to have mine checked for the 60000mls service but engine runs fine and I'd rather not pay the money for nothing.

Actually I had major Cam Chain issues, had to get my Cam Chain replaced along with the guides, the whole works. Since the heads were off the bike, I had the valve adjustment performed along with getting a new set of plugs. My Iridium plugs were on my bike for over 50k.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure VegasRider has the current record. I'm sitting at a piddly 95k km.

No major work. Steering bearings went at about 18k km. OEM chain replaced at around 50k km. Checked valves at 80 some thousand and they were in spec. Replaced plugs with iridium at 20k km and haven't touched them since. A couple clutch cables. That's about it besides oil changes, brake pads, and tires.

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 32k miles on my 04 fazed. Recently had valve clearances done ( valves within spec), fork seals done, new rear brake disc. aswell as engine coolant and brake fluid.
:rockon: :rockon: