Hello from BC Canada

Hamburger

mmm, love that road!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

Great Site! Very helpful indeed. So thank you.

A little about me....

A few years back I got the urge to get back on a motorcycle after have taken about 10 years off from riding. So, instead of running out and buying a brand new motorcycle, I decided to to buy a used motorcycle in the meantime until I could determine where my riding interests are. I decided to buy a second hand 82 Yamaha Seca. It's been a great motorcycle for what it is.

However, over the course of the last year I've narrowed my motorcycle interest down to dual sport riding. Basically to me, the best of both worlds. Ride around town and on the weekends go about anywhere off road... all with the same motorcycle, yeh!

Anyways, after doing days and days of research and pondering, I finally decided my next motorcycle was going to be either a KLR or F800GS. The KLR would do everything I wanted, but was a little weak on power, known for oil leaks (which would require some immediate mods) and not the best looking motorcycle. The F800GS to me is an awesome motorcycle on and off road (logging roads, trails, no single track) but for 16K (Canadian Dollars), I could just about have 2 motorcycles for that price.

So for 16K, my thoughts are that I could get one motorcycle (Sport Bike) that would be a great around town commuter and another motorcycle that would be good on-off road (Dual Sport). Well, I took the plunge yesterday and bought motorcycle #1 - a brand new 2008 FZ6, black raven color. I bought the motorcycle for $8800 OTD, which I think is a good price... I hope? I will be picking it up this Tuesday and will have to suffer through the break in period before I can get out and start really enjoying it.

Anyways, that is my FZ6 story. Hope to get to know you all.

Cheers

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe.

That BMW is awesome, I have always liked BMW's dual-sports, and would like to pick one up myself someday :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome man. Congrats on taking the plunge.

I will always support any argument you ever make on this forum. I am biased for hamburgers.....mmmmmmm.

*chews on Hamburger's shoulder*

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome man. Congrats on taking the plunge.

I will always support any argument you ever make on this forum. I am biased for hamburgers.....mmmmmmm.

*chews on Hamburger's shoulder*

:welcome: Hamburger!

+1 We love anyone with the name "Hamburger" How could you go wrong with a name like that?! How could you not love that face!?

Have fun. You'll find a great group of people here!

Klaatu Barada Nikto!
Gort

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im in Cloverdale....We should get out before the season ends fer sure...:thumbup:

Welcome...You made a good choice...:rockon:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from Calgary, Hamburger!! nice choice of bike, I've loved mine for around town and day trips. Plenty of juice for the street, and a comfortable ride. Don't forget frame sliders, and ride safe!!

Hamburger

mmm, love that road!
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from Calgary, Hamburger!! nice choice of bike, I've loved mine for around town and day trips. Plenty of juice for the street, and a comfortable ride. Don't forget frame sliders, and ride safe!!

Hello,

Great advice about the frame sliders. I ordered a set of frame sliders from MotovationUSA. They should be here next week.... I hope.

Thanks