Hello from Az

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
That seems like a decent deal with all the exra's on it. But it's a carb version and I must be a big puss cause I prefer FI since I'm not a great mechanic just yet.

Just got a reply from the seller, it is a FI version. I will be going to look at it here soon. Hopefully I can snag it up.

link again:

2005 FZ6

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a reply from the seller, it is a FI version. I will be going to look at it here soon. Hopefully I can snag it up.

link again:

2005 FZ6

You know what I just realized is that it is the Fz1 that had the Gen I's from 2001-2005 that were carb'd and then 2006-present were FI. All the Fz6's were FI.

If you get the bike by this weekend I think I'm going to plan a trip down to Mt. Lemon. I haven't decided if it will be too cold or not, but I want to get a long ride in here in the next week or two and I have heard from a number of people that Mt. Lemon is pretty spectacular.

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
You know what I just realized is that it is the Fz1 that had the Gen I's from 2001-2005 that were carb'd and then 2006-present were FI. All the Fz6's were FI.

If you get the bike by this weekend I think I'm going to plan a trip down to Mt. Lemon. I haven't decided if it will be too cold or not, but I want to get a long ride in here in the next week or two and I have heard from a number of people that Mt. Lemon is pretty spectacular.

Wish I could ride up Mt. Lemon. I have to take an advanced riders course. Being military if something were to happen and I didn't go though that course I'd been in a huge mess of trouble. Sadly I have to wait till mid February to get a bike. Hopefully that one or something else is available when te time comes.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could ride up Mt. Lemon. I have to take an advanced riders course. Being military if something were to happen and I didn't go though that course I'd been in a huge mess of trouble. Sadly I have to wait till mid February to get a bike. Hopefully that one or something else is available when te time comes.

I think that's a little bassackwards because in order to do the Advanced Rider Course up here in Phoenix you need to have your own bike. I'm doing the ARC on February 3rd

https://www.mtii.com/scripts/i5.exe?book=arizona&page=CS.CL.Select&CC=ART&SC=GAZ&Mode=PB

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
What might be worse is having the bike and not being able to ride it for various reasons.
I can't even work on it since the weather is not co-operating. It's a balmy 28 F out there right now. We don't have heated garages in this neck o the woods since 3 consecutative days of below 50 degrees is considered a major cold wave.

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
... I haven't decided if it will be too cold or not, but I want to get a long ride in here in the next week or two and I have heard from a number of people that Mt. Lemon is pretty spectacular.

IMO, its currently too cold, but by this weekend it will be warm enough with gear. Its a super fun ride but you need to be careful of random patches of ice,snow, and silt once you gain some elevation.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, its currently too cold, but by this weekend it will be warm enough with gear. Its a super fun ride but you need to be careful of random patches of ice,snow, and silt once you gain some elevation.

LOL I'll be waiting a couple more weeks then. After hitting gravel and going down on my Fz6 I'm not messing around with any adverse road conditions. Thanks for the heads up, knowing my luck you have have just saved my life.