Hello from Az

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
No bike... yet... been looking at all the options and finally found an FZ6 at a local shop. Looked at it in person yesterday and out of all the bikes I have looked at, this one seems to be sticking with me. Sadly, I have to wait a month or two until I can get her.

Just looked on craigslist and found this:
2007 Yamaha FZ6, 10K miles, new tires, all new fluids, must see

This is one-year-older, same mileage, and $2k less than the dealer bike. Have not seen it in person though, but will definitely be thinking of this one too.

I am sure I will love calling this place home as I get into the riding scene. Also, I am a first time rider, if I could go back in time I would have done things differently!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To the best forum and motorcycle out there! I just waited 2 months for my new FORD FUSION Hybrid car. It was worth the wait. I'm sure your wait for the FZ6 will just fly by like my new cage purchase. You will have to post pictures of the new bike when she arrives. Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First off :welcome:

Always nice to see more AZ riders on here.

There's another (slower) blue 07 up here in Metro Phoenix with some extra farkles included, and you could maybe play the ads off each other to drop the price if your looking to get some touring gear from the get-go:

2007 YAMAHA FZ6

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Waiting a couple months to buy a bike is torturous! I did it last year!

:welcome: To the best forum and motorcycle out there! I just waited 2 months for my new FORD FUSION Hybrid car. It was worth the wait. I'm sure your wait for the FZ6 will just fly by like my new cage purchase. You will have to post pictures of the new bike when she arrives. Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

Sad thing about waiting, I completed the msf course....... In August! Waiting is killing me!!

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
First off :welcome:

Always nice to see more AZ riders on here.

There's another (slower) blue 07 up here in Metro Phoenix with some extra farkles included, and you could maybe play the ads off each other to drop the price if your looking to get some touring gear from the get-go:

2007 YAMAHA FZ6

Slower?

Like the givi luggage, I would like to do touring on this. One of the main reasons I'm leaning towards the FZ6

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum on the Web!

Hope you get the FZ6 you want. It's a great bike but exercise restraint with that throttle because this bike is to be respected. Wear all your gear all the time! Okay...not in the shower... :)

You AZ guys/gals have to hook up and plan a ride here to the SD area for one of our rides. No belly achin either cuz VEGASRIDER (Kenny) used to ride out here all the time from Vegas to ride with us.

So now it's done! You Zonies are officially invited for one of our forum rides!
Keep an eye out :BLAA:

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site

Hope you get the FZ6 you want. It's a great bike but exercise restraint with that throttle because this bike is to be respected. Wear all your gear all the time! Okay...not in the shower... :)

You AZ guys/gals have to hook up and plan a ride here to the SD area for one of our rides. No belly achin either cuz VEGASRIDER (Kenny) used to ride out here all the time from Vegas to ride with us.

Oh yea, we are expecting our fourth child so I won't be riding like im invisible. Pretty much wouldn't ride like that regardless of how many children I had. Being military I have no option of riding without any gear, plus it always irritates me when I see someone without a helmet only to see it attaced to the back of the bike. Really like that you guys (forum peoples) suggest/enforce/remind everyone to wear their gear!

Now on the meet up, I would love to get into that scene. Since my main purpose for this bike is to use it as a touring bike it would be perfect for a weekender to Cali!

Since I am fairly new to motorcycles in general, is there a way to visually tell if the bike is FI or carb? everything I looked up about the FZ6 said its FI but I see a lot of posts about carb'd bikes.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

There is a planned meetup for the AZ/Cali Motovloggers from Youtube in April. I think there are like 20 people already RSVP'd. I think I will be joining them. I think they will be starting at Calabasas and riding Mulholand. Then heading down to SD. I'll try to keep you guys in the loop when dates and times are confirmed.

The main peeps are Dlinquencious and RebelYell91 that are organizing the round up of motovloggers. They are all linked off my channels homepage.
Fz6Darkness - YouTube

ThousandWords

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a planned meetup for the AZ/Cali Motovloggers from Youtube in April. I think there are like 20 people already RSVP'd. I think I will be joining them. I think they will be starting at Calabasas and riding Mulholand. Then heading down to SD. I'll try to keep you guys in the loop when dates and times are confirmed.

The main peeps are Dlinquencious and RebelYell91 that are organizing the round up of motovloggers. They are all linked off my channels homepage.
Fz6Darkness - YouTube

Awesome! I watch their videos a lot. If it's cool I'll shoot you a friends request.

p.s. just sub'd to your youtube

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up guys, I'm down here in Tucson as well. Haven't had the opportunity to ride much over the past 7 or 8 months but I just got the FZ out for a good 300 mile ride last weekend and worked out the cobwebs. I'll be looking to ride a lot more probably February, March time frame. If you guys every want to get a ride going I'm down.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I had no idea that was such a strong Fizz population in Tucson. I've been wanting to head that way and ride Mt. Lemon for awhile now. I'm sure David323 would be up for the ride as well. Let's get a ride put together in the next couple a weeks.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ready for a ride any time, just need a heads up on an out-of-towner so I can get permission from the warden...er...wife.