FZ6 Dyno results

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my bike back last night from the shop, and wound it up a bit. It definitely feels a bit better, but looking at the maps and curves...I wanna say Im not satisfied? Power and torque #'s are fine, but looking at the map and the fuel curve, doesnt seem like it was dialed in as best it could be. Let me know what you all think?

FZ6Tune1.jpg

FZ6Tune2.jpg

AJ.jpg

As you can see, peak power was about 93hp and peak torque was 44ft/lbs. On the run where he did 2nd - 6th gear pull, the power and speed is available much earlier on (sometimes by as much as 4hp difference compared to before) which is a great improvement. Still though, looking at the fuel chart and seeing the a/f ratios early on, Im convinced it can be better.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't sound bad at all. According to my run I have 91 RWHP I have an 06 with 2 Bros. PClll, airbox mod and K&N Filter. Don't know my RWHP when it was bone stock. There can be error between these dyno's so try to remember a lot of this is relative. You also want to keep healthy air to fuel ratio and that's very important.

Cliff

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Well...I got to blast around a bunch last night and some this morning, and all I have to say is wow. The bike feels a LOT better with the power delivery. I can definitely tell that I am making power sooner than before. It really hauls now. Tune + sprocket change makes all the difference. I can now get it up to 6th and wind out 6th gear no problem. Indicated speed was 158 at one point but I know I was probably only going 135 or so. Even on the low end, bike has way more grunt than before and pulls good around 4k then really hard at 6k. LOVE IT!

So I need a Speedohealer cuz redline in 6th = ~162 indicated but 140 actual...lol not good

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well...I got to blast around a bunch last night and some this morning, and all I have to say is wow. The bike feels a LOT better with the power delivery. I can definitely tell that I am making power sooner than before. It really hauls now. Tune + sprocket change makes all the difference. I can now get it up to 6th and wind out 6th gear no problem. Indicated speed was 158 at one point but I know I was probably only going 135 or so. Even on the low end, bike has way more grunt than before and pulls good around 4k then really hard at 6k. LOVE IT!

So I need a Speedohealer cuz redline in 6th = ~162 indicated but 140 actual...lol not good

Yes. One of the first things I realized was I had more grunt at lower Revs. than I started with. That made a lot of difference when I headed out in the twisties. I felt better with not having to do as much shifting. Does make a difference.

adumb

Reaction score
Visit site
they way the chart was setup i didn't see something i am a little interested and that is a power curve based on engine rpm... it looks like this one is based off of tire speed? am i right or just reading it wrong? wouldn't mind knowing where peak hp is made.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
So, if I am reading it right, the mixture was fattened up?

Mostly. If I understand it right, the positive numbers richen fuel mixture and negatives lean fuel mixture. While most are positives, the are a few negative numbers there.

It would be cost prohibitive, but would be interesting to see how the tunes would compare if someone took the same bike, loaded each time with a 0 map,to different tuners in the same metro area.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
they way the chart was setup i didn't see something i am a little interested and that is a power curve based on engine rpm... it looks like this one is based off of tire speed? am i right or just reading it wrong? wouldn't mind knowing where peak hp is made.

if they don't have/use an rpm pickup, then you'll get charts referencing mph instead of rpm. if you know the gear it was in, you can figure out the rpms with a little math.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
looks pretty good, I am surprised they made adjustments in the "closed loop region"...maybe they did that to zero out any trims?

anyway it looks like the cruise afr is still dithering between 14:1 and 15:1 so it must be happy. You can see they were at cruise, then went WOT..it goes a little lean intially due to the inrush of air, then the fuel catches up and it goes to a pretty steady 13:1 range. I imagine it was moving pretty quickly through the range so that is actually a pretty level curve. Hard to say if they tuned to AFR (dynojet approach) or to max power (Factorypro approach) but sure looks like you are getting some gains :cheer:

Thanks for sharing the map!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I did sprockets a couple weeks ago, and even took it to the track. It was quicker and felt good, but after this tune and going through the twisties, I can immediately tell that it has even more grunt and smoother power delivery.