fuel pump problems?

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Do anyone notice a very soft high frequency noise that emitted from your fuel pump everything you start your bike.I heard this eeeeee noise when my bike is ideling.

chrisdot1

Reaction score
Visit site
when i got my 05 fz6n it had been sittin outside not really bieng used at all, the fuel on tacho was going up n down constantly like in 2 secs up then down, after a few fills of fuel it just flashes last bar all the time, ive tried fuel additives and taken tank off inspected and lubricated connections, checked fuses, today i just gave it a shake maybe that might free up the float ....anythin is worth a try.....any ideas out there, its just buggin me havin to reset trip eveytime most times im not doin full tank fillsanyway so i need the fuel gauge to work. ive tried the ecu reset it reset the clock and all trips but not error codes, ill try anythin, ive a new fuel pump comin sec hand but i fear its not gonna work either!!!!ive had no fuel problems just the readings.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
when i got my 05 fz6n it had been sittin outside not really bieng used at all, the fuel on tacho was going up n down constantly like in 2 secs up then down, after a few fills of fuel it just flashes last bar all the time, ive tried fuel additives and taken tank off inspected and lubricated connections, checked fuses, today i just gave it a shake maybe that might free up the float ....anythin is worth a try.....any ideas out there, its just buggin me havin to reset trip eveytime most times im not doin full tank fillsanyway so i need the fuel gauge to work. ive tried the ecu reset it reset the clock and all trips but not error codes, ill try anythin, ive a new fuel pump comin sec hand but i fear its not gonna work either!!!!ive had no fuel problems just the readings.

You could have a bad sending unit. From what I understand there is a trick to re-assemly of this unit so search it out on the forum.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

The float /fuel level switch clips onto the fuel pump. Their 2 separate units. It (pump/fuel level switch) can go into the tank as one unit but to correctly take it out, it should be un-snapped for taking it out of the tank. Look at your replacement one, the clips a PIA until you figure it out. Sounds like the sending unit is shorted out... Hopefully your new (to you) pump has the sending unit still attached.

Someone on the forum had the float come off the arm and someone else (previous owner?) jerry rigged it...

chrisdot1

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah im hopin it does it has what looks like a black float in the pic should have it tomorrow.

was gonna have a go takin pump outta tank as im gonna have to do it tomorrow anyway, see if sender is still attached to pump on my own one first as ive very little fuel in her at the mo.