Fuel Grade (regular, mid-range or premium)

Fuel Grade

• Regular

Votes: 397 44.1%
  • Mid-range

Votes: 68 7.5%
  • Premium

Votes: 436 48.4%

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With almost 107,000 miles, pretty much has been all on regular or 87 octane. Look how much money I have saved, paying about 40 cents less per gallon over my bikes lifetime. But if you have money to burn, keep burning it.

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting reads here. I've only had my FZ6 for a few weeks and filled up three times with premium. Since its more like 80-90 cents more a gallon where I am, I'll take the savings if there is no benefit.

I am reading a lot of "it doesnt make a diffrence" which I would agree on with my Ninja 250. No difference what so over. However I have a little 3.5HP Honda Clone engine minibike that I would notice a huge difference with premium. Regular ran sluggish but with premium it was perky and faster, less vibration.

Chargeracing

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Surprised at the number of members saying "no difference". I drive my cargo van around alot and compared fuel economy between regular and midgrade. I found the midgrade was about 9% more expensive BUT provided 9% better mileage. Before you say no difference, I also heard that higher octane fuel burns cleaner and creates less maintenance issues later on. Added bonus, with more fuel mileage, you get more miles (km's up here in Canada) per tank!

I'm about to buy my first bike (FZ6 of course) so I cant wait to research the difference in mileage and price for the bike.