Fiberglass!!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thinking about making some parts... things like a belly pan and possibly a rear seat cover.. any interest?? anyone have suggestions for other parts?? :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a screen??? i would need some sort of donor bike or a mold to make it out of.. or just some directions of what it needs to look like...

after looking around, its not that i couldnt do it, but i would need a decent amount of measurments and designing before i tackle a screen... but it does look like a good idea, and if i knew the sizes, it probably wouldnt cost all that much to make a few...

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After talking to an r1 rider, I think I want to try a rear seat cover that will wrap around the grab bars. Apparently there are no grab bars on a r1 so ill have to go look at a few to get some ideas on how to make it look good..

DigitalOverride

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you gotten anywhere on this? I'm currently looking for one of these, but I cannot for the life of me find out if it's custom made or available from catalogue:

Last edited:

Captain not sure

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm gonna be working on a carbon fiber custom front for my fz6...and am considering making a seat cowl and belly pan...I wanna see how cost effective its gonna be.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i'm gonna be working on a carbon fiber custom front for my fz6...and am considering making a seat cowl and belly pan...I wanna see how cost effective its gonna be.

Don't forget to add in the snorkel for the air box! Maybe a couple extra hp's when the engine gets fresh cold air!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
carbon fiber is expensive and if your going for looks, consider black fiberglass.. I really would like to make some parts, but since I'm going to go through all the trouble of making molds and such, i would still like some clear answers on what kind of parts people are looking for.. belly pans are nice, but I don't weld and have no way of getting the brackets fabed up... rear seat cover sounds nice, but what are people looking for.. like remove the rear part of the seat and the grab rails, or just a simple seat cover???

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A two part rear seat cover would be sweet! Think of this as two options.

A) a base plate with a streamline top cover to cover the seat. How to latch this?? We have the base plate option for "B" below.

B) the same base plate but the top cover is a small box and the two could be swapped out depending upon needs while the basic base plate stays on the bike. . . You could fit it with stainless steel marine grade hardware so it doesn't rust.

Do you have chopper gun or are we talking hand laid? I made some made some fiberglass parts back when I used to race the stand up jet ski. Oh the pain. Make the proto type, make the mold. Mold the part and finish the surface. Its all allot of work and a pain if molds are formed of two parts. Also made an a sexy air damn for 65 Chev Corvair.

DigitalOverride

Reaction score
Visit site
what part are you referring too??

Whoops, that's what posting too early or too late gets you... I was referring to the rear seat cowl, which I have since found to be made by TCP. For approx 220 USD I can have it shipped to Norway, so I figure I'll be going for this in the near future.

Cheers, and best of luck to you with the custom cowls!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea i have some ideas for the seat cowl, just need to get some new bumpers for my stocker and I'll be able to fab something up.. as for the ts, this weekend i'll be working on some stuff.. I'll keep you all posted...

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo how is the seat cowl supposed to attach to the bike??? That's the only thing hding me back from making them.. I've got the fiberglass all set to.. Any ideas???

going going.....gone

Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo how is the seat cowl supposed to attach to the bike??? That's the only thing hding me back from making them.. I've got the fiberglass all set to.. Any ideas???

I really don't know but my guess would be to make it slip over the rear of the seat and let the seat lock hold it down or straps to hold it down. Either I guess would work.

Are you still looking to make belly pans if so how much would one be shipped to uk, I can make brackets for it with no problem.

Cheers Dan

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.975225,-0.029961