Down, but not out......

Bangagong

BUNGA BUNGA organizer....
Reaction score
www.bestbikingroads.com
Hi everyone!

After lurching on the forum for over a year and pulling idea's and enjoying everyones posts... I hate to say my first extensive post is about the loss of my wonderful FZ6..

May 28th I was out on a solo ride out and up into the hills of Turin.. a picture perfect day none the less. After a couple of hours of bends and twisties it was time to head home to relax with a couple of cold ones..

Well..

After two weeks from that day, Broken wrists, fractured pelvis, and fractured vertebra... I finally made it home.

I hit a car at an intersection... the driver was heading in the opposite direction and turned left without looking and yielding to me. I struck the car at the right side wheel well at about 55-60kph (roughly 35mph). Well, the impact stopped the bike but not me! I knocked my head the rim of the windscreen then proceded to do a full 360° flip with twist and land on my left side about about 15 meters (50 feet) from the crash site. I was fully aware the whole time and surprised a little after the fact I wasn't knocked out when I hit the bike's windscreen. As you can see from the helmet photo... it did it's job well. I was lucky in the fact a hospital was only 5 mins away.

The worst of it was I had to have a plate inserted in my left wrist and have now have about 90-95% movement and flexibility now after physiotherapy. My right wrist had to have 3 pins at the radius to keep it together and is not that so hot ... with only 50-60% flexibility and movement. But it's enough to twist a throttle! ... was lucky not to a any pins or braces for my pelvis considering the damage it did to the fuel tank. I'm so thankful I came away with only a few broken bones. Many aren't so lucky after striking a car.

So I'm out for this year but WILL return back on two wheels this next spring on another FZ6.

I think this just goes to show no matter how careful you are there are still those unseen and unpredictable actions humans do in cars because they aren't aware of motorcyclists .. bummer it had to me.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow.. terrible. Hope you make a full recovery and come back to this great sport.

Be careful out there, everyone!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you made it through, like you said, lots of times the car takes more than the bike.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you have a speedy and full recovery from your accident. My prayers are with you. :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident, get well soon
ade

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
This just proves the importance of wearing a helmet! Look at the amount of damage at just 35MPH, imagine hitting that windscreen without one!

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Always hate to hear about a fellow rider going down but im glad to hear that for the most part your ok....i wish you a speedy recovery

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk