Do you Have an Iphone ????

What kind of phone do you have

• Total voters

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
My iphone is crapping out lately, it just shuts off and I have to do the reset. Sometimes once a week, sometimes twice a day. Anyone else have this problem?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a nokia 5800.
It also has great external speakers built in and makes a great MP3 player and video player. Battery life is great 5 hours of continuous Internet or 4 days on stand by. Nokia Europe - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - Specifications.
I love the sat nav, I recently used it to go around Dublin in the car and also as a pedestrian.
I am with 02 ie and I get 250Mb data a month for 7 euro (I have not used any where near that amount yet). My dislikes with the phone are mainly, that it is not currently compatible with a windows platform and it has limited adobe flash player. This may be because I am to technically inept to know how to load it on.
I am not an apple fan, I couldn't get any metallica albums from I-shop.
02 ie, charge 10 euro a month extra for the I-phone on the same package I have for my nokia. I am going to try the "Palm pre" next.

Nelly

PS if you have not put google maps on your phone yet. Do it now, Its better than sat nav in many ways.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blackberry

Used the 8330 and have the 9530 now.

I got my iPod Touch the day they came out and new right away that i'd never want the iPhone. It's too much like a toy for me and even though I've jailbroken it i really have no apps that I use frequently. I use my phone as a communication device first. I don't use a land line. That's just my opinion.

I love my Storm. The average user probably does not. But I do mostly because I've been on top of every leaked OS and I'm currently running 5.0

For all BB users, once RIM releases the 5.0 OS the Blackberries are going to be even better. Especially with the Storm and the upcoming Storm 2, the 5.0 makes it super quick. All actions are instantaneous.
I love the storm, sadly It only seems to be included in business packages over here.

Nelly.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 22. Maybe I worded it pretty rough. I mean sure they're a great creation, useful in many situations. But they're a hassle to me. There's the people out there that try to have full fledged text message conversations with me. And then the buttons stop working, so you buy a new phone. That day the screen cracks so you can't read the novel of text message stockpiling in your inbox.

I guess I just don't like what they've become. They're more than a useful tool now, people live by the cellphone. And being that I don't have one, I see how much time the people around me spend sucked into this damned cellphone wormhole. I'll be in a room with 5 people and they're ALL on they're phones. If you use it for work, or maybe your lost, or forgot something, yeah perfectly acceptable.

It is a freeing feeling to not have a phone though, and sometimes you say to yourself, "damn I need a phone." But ultimately it is my choice and I enjoy the freedom of not having to rely on another expensive, time-consuming, unreliable piece of technology.

And yes this IS a text message, but I don't know you guys, nor am I on a cellphone. I wouldn't call or text you to say these things. I could constitute this as a little different.
I agree with some of your points totally. What gets me fed up is when I do get a text its written in a language that I can't understand. I have a cell phone because its cheaper than a land line. I hate anything that ensures I can be in work twenty minutes before I am meant to be lol.

gr8 post m8 (see what I mean complete bollocks).

Nelly

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
a08d6e7075461cdd756244987b9e.jpg

Heck yes, Wavex! WinMo!

I use the HTC Touch Pro 2 (firmware exploited a bit) for Sprint and am VERY happy with it! The speeds are unreal, I have very useful apps (can make my own wifi hotspot at 2Mb/sec!) and am pleased with the price for all I get. I have 2 smartphones (wife uses a blackberry tour 9630) both with more minutes than we ever could use and unlimited everything else (web, nav, txt, tv, etc).

I really like the look of the way HTC implemented Android on the HTC Hero by Sprint. Very nice looking setup but I like having buttons to type on. Screen typing is not fun.

AT&T is the biggest problem with the iPhone but one must choose their carrier based on what they need. Sprint's home coverage is not on par with Verizon or AT&T's but because of Sprint's free roaming, I have only had truly no service a few times.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
TRACFONE for me.

I use my cell phone about 5 times a week. No need paying a crazy amount of money on a plan. Got to save money some way to buy all my motorcycle gear.

I can make and receive calls and text. Don't really need much more than that. If I need the internet, I'll use a computer.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck yes, Wavex! WinMo!

I use the HTC Touch Pro 2 (firmware exploited a bit) for Sprint and am VERY happy with it! The speeds are unreal, I have very useful apps (can make my own wifi hotspot at 2Mb/sec!) and am pleased with the price for all I get. I have 2 smartphones (wife uses a blackberry tour 9630) both with more minutes than we ever could use and unlimited everything else (web, nav, txt, tv, etc).

I really like the look of the way HTC implemented Android on the HTC Hero by Sprint. Very nice looking setup but I like having buttons to type on. Screen typing is not fun.

AT&T is the biggest problem with the iPhone but one must choose their carrier based on what they need. Sprint's home coverage is not on par with Verizon or AT&T's but because of Sprint's free roaming, I have only had truly no service a few times.

You need to upgrade to WinMo 6.5.... even faster... especially if you hack it (best forum EVA: xda-developers - Powered by vBulletin) :D

I really don't use my phone much other than for phone calls and to sync my outlook work emails/contacts... other than that it's got millions of appz which I never use :) (except google map sometimes, and Opera mini)... I just love the HTC Touch (European version which has double RAM and ROM compared to the US version) because it's super small and light compared to everything else out there right now (the I-phone is ridiculously big imho... I usually have my phone in my shirt pocket all day and an i-phone is so big and heavy it hurts my back :rof:).

P1010375-1.jpg

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just heard on the radio this morning that Nokia sells more phone in a day than Apple in a month... crazy!

Should we consider closing this thread before Xmas? (it's been coming back on top of the list for quite some time now...)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just heard on the radio this morning that Nokia sells more phone in a day than Apple in a month... crazy!

Should we consider closing this thread before Xmas? (it's been coming back on top of the list for quite some time now...)
Don't close it just yet, I want to know why the question was asked in the first place.
I am kinda waiting for " smart phone enlightenment " from the poster of the thread.

Nelly

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
a vast majority of my posts are made via my cell phone's web browser. I am running a Mighty Rom now, wavex, and am posting this via Opera Mobile 9.5 (not to be confused with Opera Mini). Mighty's version is very stable and uses less memory with more functionality. Super smooth.

Cheers!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How doe's one go about loading a windows platform to a phone without it?
I would love to get it on my nokia 5800.

Nelly

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
a vast majority of my posts are made via my cell phone's web browser. I am running a Mighty Rom now, wavex, and am posting this via Opera Mobile 9.5 (not to be confused with Opera Mini). Mighty's version is very stable and uses less memory with more functionality. Super smooth.

Cheers!

Yeah I just installed the latest WinMo 6.5 BETA cooked rom by ONYX... it has the new Opera Mini 5 beta 2, which is quite amazing as well.

How doe's one go about loading a windows platform to a phone without it?
I would love to get it on my nokia 5800.

Nelly

You can't! Sorry! :)

You can buy an HTC Touch (GSM version, called ELFin), for $150 on ebay, hack it, and put any SIM card from any provider in there... that's what I did :rockon:

Be prepared to spend some time studying here though: xda-developers - Powered by vBulletin

(or I can help you :D)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I just installed the latest WinMo 6.5 BETA cooked rom by ONYX... it has the new Opera Mini 5 beta 2, which is quite amazing as well.

You can't! Sorry! :)

You can buy an HTC Touch (GSM version, called ELFin), for $150 on ebay, hack it, and put any SIM card from any provider in there... that's what I did :rockon:

Be prepared to spend some time studying here though: xda-developers - Powered by vBulletin

(or I can help you :D)
Thanks David,

My problem is that I have no knowledge of these technologies. I am the consumer, who will pay through the nose. To have a mediocre application that almost fits my needs.
I had heard that the UK Palm pre was a windows based phone?

Nelly