Do you Have an Iphone ????

What kind of phone do you have

• Total voters
There is no choice for me. I have NO phone. I do not use cellphones unless it belongs to somebody else. Sure cellphones are helpful in many situations, but people are being sucked into an age where they're no longer going to even speak.

Most people I know don't even pick up the phone to make a call anymore. The vast majority send their thoughts through text messages, which is slowly destroying our ability to communicate verbally. A 1 minute phone call can convey the content of 20+ text messages, yet people still choose to type out their ideas rather than traditionally SPEAKING them.

I honestly believe cellphones are detrimental to humanities communications skills. They build dillusions as well, where people believe they NEED a cellphone, when they don't. They cost $1000+ a year, for terrible service. They break consistently require newer models, warranties, cases, covers, etc. You name it, they have it - for sale too!

It is all a big joke, an expensive one. Stick with phone calls, from house phones. You'll find it easier to surround yourself with only the people you choose, and rarely get interrupted for some menial thing. Maybe I'm a simpleton, but cellphones are an expensive pain in the ass - ruining/revolutionizing the way humans communicate. And I don't like it onnnneee bit.

Put down your DAMNED iphone and talk to me in person!

(bring on the flame)

There is no choice for me. I have NO phone. I do not use cellphones unless it belongs to somebody else. Sure cellphones are helpful in many situations, but people are being sucked into an age where they're no longer going to even speak.

Most people I know don't even pick up the phone to make a call anymore. The vast majority send their thoughts through text messages, which is slowly destroying our ability to communicate verbally. A 1 minute phone call can convey the content of 20+ text messages, yet people still choose to type out their ideas rather than traditionally SPEAKING them.

I honestly believe cellphones are detrimental to humanities communications skills. They build dillusions as well, where people believe they NEED a cellphone, when they don't. They cost $1000+ a year, for terrible service. They break consistently require newer models, warranties, cases, covers, etc. You name it, they have it - for sale too!

It is all a big joke, an expensive one. Stick with phone calls, from house phones. You'll find it easier to surround yourself with only the people you choose, and rarely get interrupted for some menial thing. Maybe I'm a simpleton, but cellphones are an expensive pain in the ass - ruining/revolutionizing the way humans communicate. And I don't like it onnnneee bit.

(bring on the flame)

Yeah but................Aren't we sort of texting here??? Hahaha LOL!:spank:

I know what you mean...:rockon:

Cliff

Last edited:

(bring on the flame)

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

My cell phone is my only phone (except my work phone). I rarely use it, simply because I don't like phones much. However, I just use texting as another form of communication. How important something is dictates what means I use to communicate it. If it's important, I'll show up face to face. If it's moderate, I'll call you. If it's moderate but I don't want to interrupt you, I'll text you. If it's really not important, I'll email you.

I will say, it's nice having a cell when the wife sends me to the store, and I forget something that she sent me for. I'll call her up to find out what it was, or get an answer to what specific product she wanted.

I agree with you, though. I've got mobile email and all that on my phone, but that's only because the wife wanted it. I don't like being that connected. I will say, though, it's a really nice security blanket for traveling. If I get lost, I can call someone (usually). If I break down, I can call AAA (usually).

(bring on the flame)

Ya!! Right on!! Dont even get me started on electricity! People used to work hard to get oil and light their homes.. Now they are just plain lazy, all they have to do is flip a switch to get light!! Running water?!? I remember us all walking to the river together with buckets in hand.. That was the original social networking! We got exersize and got to work with out neighbors... Now you turn a knob and hot water comes right out!! Outragous!! Now Im too worked up to even talk about computers...

(bring on the flame)

I'm expecting you to trade in the FZ for a horse in the very near future......... I know a great breeder.

24" iMac, new 13" MacBook, 16GB iTouch, schitbox Sanyo flip phone.
Don't need/want the iPhone.

I might consider it if it weren't on AT&T.

Last edited:
Blackberry bold. My first "smart phone." I am not a fan of touch screens so the iphone is a non-starter for me.

Chunky, you crack me up, brother. I get your point, completely, you Luddite you. I personally don't like phones, of any kind. I'd just rather not have one, period. But it's a work thing. And it's paid for by work, too, so there's that. If I were to move to Montana to start my dental floss farm, I'd probably eschew the whole shootin' match...

Gotta go, someone just sent me a text message...and I need a twitter fix.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

My cell phone is my only phone (except my work phone). I rarely use it, simply because I don't like phones much. However, I just use texting as another form of communication. How important something is dictates what means I use to communicate it. If it's important, I'll show up face to face. If it's moderate, I'll call you. If it's moderate but I don't want to interrupt you, I'll text you. If it's really not important, I'll email you.

I will say, it's nice having a cell when the wife sends me to the store, and I forget something that she sent me for. I'll call her up to find out what it was, or get an answer to what specific product she wanted.

I agree with you, though. I've got mobile email and all that on my phone, but that's only because the wife wanted it. I don't like being that connected. I will say, though, it's a really nice security blanket for traveling. If I get lost, I can call someone (usually). If I break down, I can call AAA (usually).

I'm 22. Maybe I worded it pretty rough. I mean sure they're a great creation, useful in many situations. But they're a hassle to me. There's the people out there that try to have full fledged text message conversations with me. And then the buttons stop working, so you buy a new phone. That day the screen cracks so you can't read the novel of text message stockpiling in your inbox.

I guess I just don't like what they've become. They're more than a useful tool now, people live by the cellphone. And being that I don't have one, I see how much time the people around me spend sucked into this damned cellphone wormhole. I'll be in a room with 5 people and they're ALL on they're phones. If you use it for work, or maybe your lost, or forgot something, yeah perfectly acceptable.

It is a freeing feeling to not have a phone though, and sometimes you say to yourself, "damn I need a phone." But ultimately it is my choice and I enjoy the freedom of not having to rely on another expensive, time-consuming, unreliable piece of technology.

And yes this IS a text message, but I don't know you guys, nor am I on a cellphone. I wouldn't call or text you to say these things. I could constitute this as a little different.

I think the poll would look different if it said.... what type of phone do you have?

the do you have an I-phone ??? brings primarily I phone users and those interested in them to it.

I would not read a thread -- do you have a blackberry?

Just a thought:rolleyes:

I think the poll would look different if it said.... what type of phone do you have?

the do you have an I-phone ??? brings primarily I phone users and those interested in them to it.

I would not read a thread -- do you have a blackberry?

Just a thought:rolleyes:

yes I realized that... I tried changing it right after it got posted but you can not change the title

.....But they're a hassle to me. ......And then the buttons stop working, so you buy a new phone. ......

I guess I just don't like what they've become. ...... I see how much time the people around me spend sucked into this damned cellphone wormhole. I'll be in a room with 5 people and they're ALL on they're phones. If you use it for work, or maybe your lost, or forgot something, yeah perfectly acceptable.

....... I enjoy the freedom of not having to rely on another expensive, time-consuming, unreliable piece of technology..........

My 'throw away' pay as you go Motorola V190.... Once a year, I put $100 on the account. any day I use the phone, I pay $1 , plus ten cents a minute. Had the texting turned off, the IM turned off, the network access turned off..... it's worked just fine for 3 years. Paid $70 for the phone itself.

When it makes me PO'd enough, I'll toss it in the trash and walk away a happy man. No long term commitment, no " 'scuze me while I take this important call' BS.

I'll stick with pay as you go..... but I will upgrade the phone to one with a camera, and a blue tooth interface some time in the next couple of years.

My AT&T coverage with this Motorola phone has only ever let me down twice in those 3 years.

My KRZR like...makes phone calls and stuff...reliably. Verizon. At work, at home, or more importantly, on the road.

Now if I could just get my VCR to stop blinking 12:00 over and over...

Well, AT&T finally got 3g here, and it made a huge difference. I hardly ever get dropped calls anymore, and no more network busy issues! So it really depends on if you are in AT&T's 3g area on how your experience is. It will be interesting to see how it goes over the long haul, but the difference between Edge and 3g so far has been absolutely staggering.

Back