Corbin comparisons

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad that they both look so nice. If one was much better looking it would be easier. I bet it will be hard to choose which one to keep, unless one is uncomfortable.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote the TS - I am thinking of getting one, even though I know a few of you have had issues. They did seem to sort it all out in the end.

I think they look soooo good.

:thumbup:

Great work on the thread.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
JMan, another question.... do you think the weight of the seat(s) make any difference to whatever vibration you may feel in that area? How about whether you feel any heating from the exhaust?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
JMan, another question.... do you think the weight of the seat(s) make any difference to whatever vibration you may feel in that area? How about whether you feel any heating from the exhaust?

I don't really feel much of any vibration with either seat. Also, don't feel much of any exhaust heat either. With the carbon fiber Leo's, though, I'm not sure that is the best test variable. When I first put the Leo exhaust in, noticed a big difference in heat (much less) - especially on my legs.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a much longer ride today on the Corbin seat. Feels like it is starting to break in a little. Still really appreciating how the seat is so form-fitting to the bike and follows the natural lines of it. Even though the seat is firm, I'm still not feeling those same pressure points that were on the stock seat. Going to try and break it in some more tomorrow. Teeter and I are going to Williamsburg. That should log some good miles on the seat.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is your corbin seat customized?

I asked them to make it without the rear passenger backrest latch assembly (wife will never ride with me & I don't care for the look of it anyway) and had the materials chosen as black leather with the CF look trim.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After a 155 mile ride today on the Corbin, I have decided to keep it. Very tough decision, but I am going to be selling the Top Sellerie seat. No need for me to have 3 seats. I will be asking $350.00 plus shipping (this is much less than I paid for it by at least $150.00). Would prefer to ship within the North American Continent if anyone is interested. It is a lowered TS seat in all back with CF look piping and trim (plenty of pictures in this thread).

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Brenda got a steal! Way to be Justin! Kudos to you and congrats to Brenda!! :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda, just for your own awareness: As I am a very particular person, I had sealed those inside inner corners with black RTV (silicone) to prevent any future wear & tear issues and also to keep the staples from scratching the tank. The tongue on the stock pan had been cut down a little bit (not sure why), but it did not effect the stability/fit onto my bike. Please see pics.

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a bunch Jman, now I can put a big check-mark next to the "Better FZ6 Seat" on Brenda's Christmas list. I was considering trying a custom builder I've used in the past, but was wondering how I was going to send off her seat pan without her noticing. :D

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
man you make some quick decisions. i was hoping to try it out. i wanted to feel what the differences were. oh well.

brenda, congrats on a great seat. i'm sure you'll be very happy with it. when you get it let me know. i want to ask you to do some measuring for me. i want to find out what the differences are.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
man you make some quick decisions. i was hoping to try it out. i wanted to feel what the differences were. oh well.

brenda, congrats on a great seat. i'm sure you'll be very happy with it. when you get it let me know. i want to ask you to do some measuring for me. i want to find out what the differences are.

Sorry Dean. Maybe Teeter would let you try his when we meet up at some point in the future. You are still welcome to try mine out.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
is his lowered as well? i have the standard TS. i'm just wondering how much of a difference there is. from pics it looks like they move the "backrest" up on the lowered seats. i'm also curious to know if there is a comfort difference.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is his lowered as well? i have the standard TS. i'm just wondering how much of a difference there is. from pics it looks like they move the "backrest" up on the lowered seats. i'm also curious to know if there is a comfort difference.

Ah.....sadly, no. You will now have to ride to Colorado Springs.:eek: