Corbin comparisons

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, ordered this when I thought TS was going to screw me on my busted seat. TS went the extra mile and made good on everything. So, I thought - hey, while I have them both, might as well do a write up on the comparisons. I will start with some pics and do some test rides over the next few weeks.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
It's good for me to see the side by side.... I was concerned that the step in the TS would restrict fore/aft movement, this makes it look like it would limit you more than the Corbin might.

I'll be very interested in the actual 'sitting' of the two. I prefer a very firm seat, that I can shift around on without it being super slick.... been riding long enough that I remember when a two person seat had no step in it at all, and like it that way.

FWIW, I'm 5' 09", with a 31"-ish inseam. How would that compare to your stature?

Where the seat's edges hit your legs, and how the nose of the seat works will be something to note as well.....

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's good for me to see the side by side.... I was concerned that the step in the TS would restrict fore/aft movement, this makes it look like it would limit you more than the Corbin might.

I'll be very interested in the actual 'sitting' of the two. I prefer a very firm seat, that I can shift around on without it being super slick.... been riding long enough that I remember when a two person seat had no step in it at all, and like it that way.

FWIW, I'm 5' 09", with a 31"-ish inseam. How would that compare to your stature?

Where the seat's edges hit your legs, and how the nose of the seat works will be something to note as well.....

Almost exact same stature.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
JMan, If you get really froggy, a photo with the OEM seat and the others so I can compare the layout would help me out some, as well...... when you get around to swapping seats back and forth, that is.

Good stuff. It's appreciated.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Top Saddlery one and it's fantastic. The Top Saddlery seat dosen't force you forward as the stock seat seems to do to me. It's made my riding very comfortable. :rockon::rockon:
Thanks for the write up. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here you go RJ. Just for clarification, the TS seat is the LOWERED version.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did align all three seats with the back edge of the coffee table (mmm.....coffeeee) so that length comparisons could be seen better.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Will a OEM seat cowl fit on the TS or the Corbin seats? I like both the aftermarket seats especialy the TS, but hate to lose my cowl.

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Will a OEM seat cowl fit on the TS or the Corbin seats? I like both the aftermarket seats especialy the TS, but hate to lose my cowl.

On Corbin's site, it says it will, but a mounting kit has to be used.

I bought a used corbin from a member on here a few weeks ago. Its in great shape, i like it but it's taking some getting used to, i seem to slide forward more than on the stock seat. I had a sargent seat on my VFR which i loved (would have on on the FZ6 if they'd make one for it), and it took a bit of getting used to as well.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RJ...the Corbin is not a lowered one. Ironically, the three seats all feel the same height to me - I will post some pics to show what I mean. I knew the Corbin would need the two washers to space it correctly to reach the latch (see pic).

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some height comparisons from the side of all three - Stock, Corbin, TS

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The fit to the bike on the Corbin is very exact (see pics). The TS has a bit of a gap to the tank (may be to leave room for tank covers). Everywhere the Corbin touches the tank is suede - nice!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Corbin first impressions: Went for a short 50 mile ride today. The seat is much firmer than stock or TS. Oddly enough, it did not bother me that much. I know there is a "break in" period. I think that because the seat does not have those edges where the thigh meets the buns (like the stocker does), it relieves those pressure points. The seat is heavier than stock or TS. The seating position is very neutral to me. I do not feel pressure against the tank or anything like I'm sliding forward. It is a little more slippery than stock or TS. Overall, I really like this seat.:thumbup:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
That's all very useful info, JMan. Like I said, for what I do on a bike, I would be thinking the Corbin would suit me better due to the 'longer' rider's seating area. I'd be able to move around more.

I'm not really into having the seat so soft that I sink into it.... I want it to provide just enough padding to keep it from being painful, but still firm enough that I can shift off the 'hot spots' that will happen no matter what.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TS first impressions: Took this seat for a shorter ride today. This is very comfy right out of the box. The seating position does feel slightly more aggressive to me. It feels like I'm leaning a little more forward. The weave pattern on the carbon look trim is cool. I think the Corbin pattern looks a lot closer to my Leo's, though (see comparison pictures). Overall, I really like this seat, too.:eek:

Feeling kind of torn. Not sure which one I will go with. Want to give the Corbin a little more time for the break in period.

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I have to say again, how much I appreciate your time and effort on this, JMan.

It's very tough to try and sort out what I consider to be quite an expensive decision with limited data..... the fact that you've made the leap so few of us would in having both aftermarket seats in hand at the same time, and are willing to share detailed write ups of both. With good photographs, no less (!)..... I don't even get this kind of support out of reading motorcycle magazines.