Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

Jonohoff

Reaction score
Visit site
yup came today thanks very much! they look great! I have some welding experience and considered doing this myself before I found your thread, and I am very glad I had someone with your expertese do it instead... the weld joint is so much better than what I could have done and even the factory original its not even funny!

I will get em installed and get the core parts shipped your direction as soon as I can. pleasure doing business with you :thumbup:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I modified the lever and the bracket myself with the help of this topic.
I put it on today and feeling is great. I should have done this before.
Extension is 10mm without adjustment holes.
I painted it grey for a different look :)

Here are some pictures:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A10.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks Killer
For the inspiration :thumbup:

BenSF

Reaction score
Visit site
In One Word...WOW!

I received the new levers in the mail last night. Couldn't wait, so I took the morning off from work to install and go for a test ride. Installation was pretty simple and the new cutout notch worked great. Great craftmanship KN!

Rode on one of the steepest hills in San Francisco. Came to a stop and feathered the trottle to test out the new friction zone. What a HUGE difference. I went from what felt like a millimeter of friction zone to what now feels like 2 inches! Seriously amazing.

Just one problem....I just bought adjustable levers a month ago and now the pull is so silky smooth that I can finally get shorty levers. Before I had to use all 4 fingers to get enough leverage. Now two fingers works without much effort.

Can't thank you enough KN! Rock on Brother! :rockon:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
In One Word...WOW!

I received the new levers in the mail last night. Couldn't wait, so I took the morning off from work to install and go for a test ride. Installation was pretty simple and the new cutout notch worked great. Great craftmanship KN!

Rode on one of the steepest hills in San Francisco. Came to a stop and feathered the trottle to test out the new friction zone. What a HUGE difference. I went from what felt like a millimeter of friction zone to what now feels like 2 inches! Seriously amazing.

Just one problem....I just bought adjustable levers a month ago and now the pull is so silky smooth that I can finally get shorty levers. Before I had to use all 4 fingers to get enough leverage. Now two fingers works without much effort.

Can't thank you enough KN! Rock on Brother! :rockon:

Glad you like it!

Has everyone else received their levers yet? I'd like to get these cores back soon, I have quite a queue stacking up behind you :rockon:

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my parts, installed them (they're like Frosted Flakes...they’re grrrrreat!) but I went to send them out and USPS won't take parcel post online anymore so I have to go the the post office...which is way out to the way.

I should be able to make it there this week, but they're already packaged and addressed!

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to get this done but I'd don't want to be without my ride so can I just order the parts and have them sent to you? I'm sure others have done this too. What's the best and cheapest source for the lever and bracket?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I read through some of this thread and found info about the cores. What's the line currently like? Should I just paypal you to get in line?

Last edited:

Solace

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KN,

USPS says you have my parts. :D If you didn't receive them, let me know...in the meantime i'll be patiently watching this thread with quiet anticipation...:rockon:

Tony

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KN,

USPS says you have my parts. :D If you didn't receive them, let me know...in the meantime i'll be patiently watching this thread with quiet anticipation...:rockon:

Tony

Haven't had a chance to work on them yet, and I'm not going to be in town this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get to them before next weekend.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my parts in Feb this year in anticipation of Reini doing another round of mods. They sat and they sat but I knew from what I had read that the modification was well worth waiting for.
So when finally KN said he was ready I duly shipped the parts off and got the new lever and bracket and fitted it late June early July. It only took about 4 weeks including all the shipping time to and from Australia.
I just want to say that what is being done is AN EXCELLENT THING
KN putting his knowledge and skills up for us all to be able to buy into if we like is extremely magnanimous
If you have already joined this club, you know what I say is true, if you are waiting, be patient coz "all good things come to those who wait"

I love this mod

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only had my bike a few weeks and last night I loosened the clutch cable adjustment a couple full turns which really increased the size of the friction point. How does this mod improve upon the 2 adjustment points that the cable already has? I've read a lot of this thread but most people's descriptions are something like, "it's awesome!!" I would like a more detail ;)