Centre stand fitted

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i wasnt stoked having to shell out $280AU for a new stand but after having one on my last bike (which i also used for commuting) i knew it was a MUST. Would have been nice if some instructions were included (instead of the very vague single diagram) but I managed to sort it out. Check out the pic.
(sorry for the crap quality image)

And the stand came with 2 springs. 1 BIG one (clearly the main return spring) and a much lighter spring the same length as the main one. Any ideas where this smaller spring may go? The stand works fine without it. I was thinking that maybe it is for the smaller weaker riders that can rock it off the stand.

Heath

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
No, you need both springs. I'm nowhere near my bike now, (sorry), but the drawings show them both there. The smaller one, (with the rubber boot on it), looks as though it goes into the end of the swiveling "link". The larger one seems to go directly to the peg where the "link" attaches. Maybe someone that has their bike with them can go out and look?

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i wasnt stoked having to shell out $280AU for a new stand but after having one on my last bike (which i also used for commuting) i knew it was a MUST. Would have been nice if some instructions were included (instead of the very vague single diagram) but I managed to sort it out. Check out the pic.
(sorry for the crap quality image)

And the stand came with 2 springs. 1 BIG one (clearly the main return spring) and a much lighter spring the same length as the main one. Any ideas where this smaller spring may go? The stand works fine without it. I was thinking that maybe it is for the smaller weaker riders that can rock it off the stand.

Heath

I just put a used one on mine, you can check out this link
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/27723-centerstand-question.html