Cage quicker than FZ6 (???)

any of the following, when modified will be a challenge:

Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Galant VR4, EVO
Eagle Talon TSI, Subaru WRX, WRX Sti, Legacy GT

I have owned and modified all of the above, most of the mitsus did around 11 sec in a quarter, the talon was below 10.

Always such pleasure spanking a BIG V8 with little 2L 4 banger :p

If properly lunched no bike will be able to jump forward like the light AWD, Your front wheel would be up and behind you if you've tried :D:D:D

ahh... these were good times...

If you know how to launch right, I highly doubt you'll run into ANY factory cars that could beat you. You can list off drag cars etc all day long with engine mods etc, but the pure fact exists that the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle will spank the crap out of anything. Replace the stock FZ engine with an R6, and put nitrous on it, then compare it to your aftermarket ricer cars.

If you know how to launch right, I highly doubt you'll run into ANY factory cars that could beat you. You can list off drag cars etc all day long with engine mods etc, but the pure fact exists that the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle will spank the crap out of anything. Replace the stock FZ engine with an R6, and put nitrous on it, then compare it to your aftermarket ricer cars.

Negative sir.

again, think of weight distribution and amount of power. This again is the reason why you would wheely the bike onto yourself before you'd be able to lunch as fast as AWD 10 sec cager. And again, we're only talking about lunch, after you're going, your weight-power ration may help you.

I don't care how well you lunch your bike, i've went up against many bikes at the track and unless they had whillie bars, it was no contest on lunch. (different story after lunch :D)

drag-bike.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a 3 lane highway at a light stopped in the middle lane, there was a wrx to my right and a wrx to my left. When the light turned green, I hit it hard and was a long way ahead of them both. I could hear their tires chirping and their engines were very very loud. I got to the 45 mph speed limit and stayed there, but the 2 jokers passed me like I was standing still. No contest I beat them to 45 mph, not sure I could have beat them if we had a 10 mile straight track, i'm sure those things are geared taller than my bike. I only wish a cop were there to give them tickets though, when they passed me they were really cooking.

Basically if you are willing to buy a car for 10 times the price of the FZ6 then you might have a chance.

Impreza WRX STi 0-60 5.99 secs no contest.

hahaha...ummm yea. Real life is a bit different from what you read online...I have beat an r6 from a 3rd gear roll about 45mph-130, off the line i don't know but i hung about 4 cars behind an r1 from a stoplight without a launch (about 2k rpm) and that was only till i got into 3rd. I'm not saying bikes aren't fast, because they are for sure, and most are much faster than anything on the road, but just watch out for modded awd cars, such as wrx/sti, evo...they'll surprise you, esp. from a dig.

I will admit to having done a few things that the Surgeon General recommends against in my life. I couple of months ago AT A LOCAL PRIVATE AIRSTRIP! a few of us were checking to see who was fastest on an impromptu basis. My FZ6 has officially beaten an '07 Z06, and a '06 BMW M3. These drivers were not professionals but it was a good time that afternoon, as were the adult libations later that evening:thumbup::iconbeer: There were a couple of liter bikes there as well and I was pleasantly surpsised to see my little FZ6 hang with them for the first 50 feet.:D

In a controlled safe environtment I will welcome any takers, however, on the street you gotta be just plain nuts.

Just so you know, the corvette was catching me after I got into 4th gear around 120 mph. The M3 was a little sooner.

To show what power to weight ratio gives you versus ultimate torgue and gearing.:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7WfCLUBBQU"]YouTube - The Ultimate Race JET+CAR+MOTORCYCLE![/ame]

yeah I don't know about you guys but I really havent had a car that could beat my bike off the line... then again I've only run into ricers who think that a car will beat a bike...

And just for giggles and to help prove the point about wheelie bars...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUK1HvjZn3M&feature=related"]YouTube - Drag Bike VS Super Bike[/ame]

My FZ6 has officially beaten an '07 Z06, and a '06 BMW M3.......the corvette was catching me after I got into 4th gear around 120 mph. The M3 was a little sooner.

:confused: erm...Are you sure it was a c6 z06? Because those are way faster than an m3. I smoke m3's all day long and wouldn't come close to touching a c6 z06. Even a c6 corvette will beat an e46 m3. This is assuming they are stock...m3 turbo is a different story. I'm not saying i don't believe you, but either you have a turbo and nitrous on your bike or they weren't racing....

Negative sir.

again, think of weight distribution and amount of power. This again is the reason why you would wheely the bike onto yourself before you'd be able to lunch as fast as AWD 10 sec cager. And again, we're only talking about lunch, after you're going, your weight-power ration may help you.

I don't care how well you lunch your bike, i've went up against many bikes at the track and unless they had whillie bars, it was no contest on lunch. (different story after lunch :D)
[

Think again. "2001, Established Rickey Gadson motorcycle drag racing school Set national record for ¼ mile E.T. of 7.93 @ 176 mph in Atco, N.J."

The Ninja ZX-14 is capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds.

Now, where exactly do you think that 10 sec car would be? Left in the dust with an embarrassed look on his face.

Now, where exactly do you think that 10 sec car would be? Left in the dust with an embarrassed look on his face.

Um, that's nice to know in case a zx-14 wants to run me and i was stupid enough to try it, but i believe this is a thread about the FZ6 and cars you would find on the street...

I guess i am what some people would call a sand bagger i really only ever raced cars i knew i was going to stomp! :D haha

The fastest thing i think i raced was a supercharged Mustang. really no competition.

Think again. "2001, Established Rickey Gadson motorcycle drag racing school Set national record for ¼ mile E.T. of 7.93 @ 176 mph in Atco, N.J."

LOL

2.5 seconds you say err? ...and so were some of the early Group B rally cars... ON GRAVEL! :Flip: :p :p :p

Same guy apparently did a sub 10 sec pass on a stock r6, just strapped down.
I'm just saying it's possible to get crazy times out of a bike if you apply yourself.
Regardless, if I pulled up next to some turd with a 800 hp 4-banger, I'd be too busy laughing at him to be able to race. Can't we just let the fast and furious die like the crappy movie it was.

Same guy apparently did a sub 10 sec pass on a stock r6, just strapped down.
I'm just saying it's possible to get crazy times out of a bike if you apply yourself.
Regardless, if I pulled up next to some turd with a 800 hp 4-banger, I'd be too busy laughing at him to be able to race. Can't we just let the fast and furious die like the crappy movie it was.

Now you've insulted me.

1. My passion for small-size-big-power engines has nothing to do with fast and furious movie and it just rubs me the wrong way anytime I hear some idiot referring to that when talking about this subject. All it took was one look at the cover and it was quickly taken off my "movie to see" list. You say it was "bad" obviously you saw it.

2. What is so funny about 2L 4 banger making 800hp? Our 4G63 (2L inline 4cyl) powered talon delivered 749hp to the wheels, that was years ago, without any nitrous and it lasted many races. That is remarkable to say the least. Most modern GA aircraft use opposed 4 cyl relatively small engines. (very similar to that of Subaru Impreza) There is a good reason why. But if you want to talk aircraft engines, that's whole other topic.

3. Your butt is sitting on an engine that deliverers allot more hp per liter than any big V8 out there, again, very similar to that of rice-burners you refer to.

5. What were we talking about anyways?

Last edited:
I definitely am speaking only for myself but I am NOT Rickey Gadson! That guy was pulling very quick e.t.s as a kid. Most people cannot get times out of motorcycles equal to Rickey. The bikes we ride are capable but let's not forget that he does it in the best of conditions at a drag strip with a burnout beforehand, etc. That is not a time set on the street where cars that have tires in an oil patch will still leave the line pretty quickly, especially if it is AWD and motorcycles won't.

Back