Better seat options

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
After 300kms in the saddle the seat on my 06 is pretty tuff. Who has had good results with what aftermarket seat??

I read up some on the Corbin and the results were a little mixed.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with the post above, do a search here in the forums for Top Saddlery and/or Seat and you'll be overwhelmed with good stuff! :D

Easily, the TS seat is the top of the line seat. I had one on my FZ6 which now belongs to Dennis in NH. He's loving the sofa seat now!

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
Along with the post above, do a search here in the forums for Top Saddlery and/or Seat and you'll be overwhelmed with good stuff! :D

Easily, the TS seat is the top of the line seat. I had one on my FZ6 which now belongs to Dennis in NH. He's loving the sofa seat now!

haha just tonight my friend that has a gsxr 600 sat on my bike and sayd wtf man this thing is like that cloud turtle dood from mario kart... lol n64 times! :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my stock seat modified (softer material under the driver end-forgot the name of it). Extremly fast turn around(a day), he can mod the shape and soften it for approx $75. He's located on the east coast of Florida. My seat looks bone stock but is softer...

Here is his main site:

Page 1

Scott

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site

RocketStartMarioKartWii-main_Full.jpg

I love Mario Kart...its the reason behind my Bowser T-shirt when I go out go-karting:D

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my Corbin in last week. I have Corbins on all my bikes and I love the way they look as much as how they feel. I gave the Yamaha Comfort seat a try, and it was an improvement, but not nearly as good as the Corbin. A lot of people here seem to really like the Top Saddlery seat, but it looks a little too cushy for me. The Corbin is firm but I've come to like that.
631817889_sWFpi-M.jpg

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my Corbin in last week. I have Corbins on all my bikes and I love the way they look as much as how they feel. I gave the Yamaha Comfort seat a try, and it was an improvement, but not nearly as good as the Corbin. A lot of people here seem to really like the Top Saddlery seat, but it looks a little too cushy for me. The Corbin is firm but I've come to like that.
631817889_sWFpi-M.jpg

Dude, you pulled the big ugly stickers off the swing arm why not the other one that peeks out from under the tank?

That was the first thing I did when I got my bike. Out came the hair dryer and WD40. Also removed the big ornage and black warning stickers off the tank.

Yep I cut the labels of mattresses too.....

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, you pulled the big ugly stickers off the swing arm why not the other one that peeks out from under the tank?

That was the first thing I did when I got my bike. Out came the hair dryer and WD40. Also removed the big ornage and black warning stickers off the tank.

I forget the thread but someone had a problem registering their bike because that sticker was removed.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forget the thread but someone had a problem registering their bike because that sticker was removed.

He is correct... some states require that sticker to stay. You can put a matte black sticker over it though, just put some paper over the original sticker to mask it, then stick the matte black one over that so it seals around the outside of it. If you *need* to peel it off, the original remains untouched.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
The swingarm stickers are on the other side. I have been reluctant to try to peel them off, because once you go down that road, there's no turning back. I've read the threads about getting them off, but it hasn't been a priority. Although, now that you've brought it up, I'll most probably give it a try this weekend.

I think we're supposed to be talking about seats!

Last edited:

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
We were talking seats...

A hair dryer and some WD40 work great. I already had the bike in my name and where I live nobody evers asks to see the sticker or wants info from it.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my stock seat modified (softer material under the driver end-forgot the name of it). Extremly fast turn around(a day), he can mod the shape and soften it for approx $75. He's located on the east coast of Florida. My seat looks bone stock but is softer...

Here is his main site:

Page 1

Scott

i had seen his page before and was gonna mention it too..

how do you like the work, comfort ect.. a small review please? better worse, long trips ect.

b.oryan

Reaction score
Visit site

Did you get a soft outline around the orange one on the tank above the gas input? I still have one and it annoys me, but it seems like its clear coat from the factory..:(

Dino

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Corbin after 800 miles with the stocker. I've since put 3,000 miles on the Corbin and it is a big improvement. It's very supportive. I tend to move forward (part of that might be my backpack bungeed to the pillion "pushing" me. When I move back in the proper place it feels great.

Others have noted how slippery the seat can be and that is true. With heavy breaking I need to grip the tank hard (I have Tech Spec gripsters on there) but, I guess because my legs are short, if I have to downshift I wind up sliding forward anyway.... I don't regret buying it.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Couldn't agree more. Butt was positively killing me and I thought I could last the rest of the season - and could not. So I got myself a TS seat. All I can say is WOW! And it keeps getting better believe it or not! Another benefit was that it changed my riding position enough to relieve the pressure I was putting on my wrist and now I don't have numb fingers. :Flash:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Butt was positively killing me and I thought I could last the rest of the season - and could not. So I got myself a TS seat. All I can say is WOW! And it keeps getting better believe it or not! Another benefit was that it changed my riding position enough to relieve the pressure I was putting on my wrist and now I don't have numb fingers. :Flash:

May I ask......where did you get your TS seat from? Is there a particular "best supplier" here in the States? Thx

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 2009 stock FZ6 seat is any more comfortable than the 2008 stocker?