At what RPM do you shift gears?

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I was wondering at what RPM you guys shift a gear up.

When i'm cruising around in town, I find myself shifting at 5000RPM.
when I'm cruising outside the town, it's around 6K-7K
When I'm riding like hell, it's around 10K-12K

these are my shifting habbits.

do you guys have similar habbits when shifting gears?

To be honest i dont look i just do it by feel and sound:thumbup:
Around town and when im just crusing i lug it and rev the guts out of it when i am out for some fun:rockon:

Since charging of the battery only really kicks in above 5000, I tend to ride it above 5K, - so my "calm" shifting is around 8-9K, aggressive shifting 10-12K.

On a side note my 2-6 gear shifting is clutch-less 99% of the time.

In built up areas,I try and shift up at around 5k so as not to piss people off with the noise,'part from that around the 9-10k mark (I do have some mechanical sympathy!) :D

Since charging of the battery only really kicks in above 5000, I tend to ride it above 5K, - so my "calm" shifting is around 8-9K, aggressive shifting 10-12K.

On a side note my 2-6 gear shifting is clutch-less 99% of the time.
Isnt that bad for the transmission shifting up without the clutch?? Or are you being sarcastic lol

around town it's anywhere from 6-8k. and a lot of times it's that way on the highway to work. but there are times i let it get a little higher. problem is, i can't only go higher in the revs for the first 2 gears before i'm breaking the speed limit... so i usually don't do it much.

around town it's anywhere from 6-8k. and a lot of times it's that way on the highway to work. but there are times i let it get a little higher. problem is, i can't only go higher in the revs for the first 2 gears before i'm breaking the speed limit... so i usually don't do it much.

Speed limits?????,- but .... what????? Those are only for cages ain't they??

Pretty much what you said. While it's often a "music to my ears" thingee, I do watch my tach whenever I'm ripping it. For the most part I usually shift around five'ish I would say. I do short-shifts when my engine is still cool and hasn't warmed up to operating temps.

6-7K usually, unless i'm feeling them twisties... :rockon:

In and around town, between 3K - 4.5K. I weigh only about 60-70 kg, so the bike doesn't feel me. :cheer:

But I have read in the manual that you can keep it between 4-5K for normal riding. :ban:

When I give it the beans, up to 13.5K. :D

I think it's best keeping it above 8K when playing, as there is a sweet spot at 8K.:rockon:

i also go clutchless most of the time.. the tiger dont like it as much as the fz but i am learning her out good.

the fz runnin down the road is like 5k so around there for in town and about a mili second before the revlimiter when playin..

Back