Anyone ever regret or have doubt in their FZ6 purchase?

nitroheadz28

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought about it for sure, but I really want to keep the dual headlight look, at least for now. Plus, I just bought and installed a BD43 headlight mod, so it would just be a waste if I threw down for a naked kit right away. I'll just cut the stock screen for now (free) and then see what happens later on.

Yes I know I have the front on backwards here :D

NIxIFww.jpg

67V7LMv.jpg

I love her when she's naked ;)

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Except there is no buffeting with a larger windscreen, my FZ6 is SIGNIFICANTLY more comfortable at 70 mph with the fairing than it was for the two years it was setup as a naked. The naked was great around town and I loved how it looked, but anything above 70 MPH and my neck would hurt.

Here's the setup I have, no idea what the brand is.

I'll keep that advice in mind. I kept all of my stock parts in stock condition so I can go back if I ever want to (or sell the parts if I decide to stay). I don't think it will be too big of an issue since I went with a Buell conversion instead of the VS-01 kit. I should have an alright time since a lot of it has to do with keeping your head and back in a straight line and leaning into the wind as it comes. I've ridden other naked bikes at speed before and found the airflow was much smoother and was not overwhelming at all. :thumbup:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll keep that advice in mind. I kept all of my stock parts in stock condition so I can go back if I ever want to (or sell the parts if I decide to stay). I don't think it will be too big of an issue since I went with a Buell conversion instead of the VS-01 kit. I should have an alright time since a lot of it has to do with keeping your head and back in a straight line and leaning into the wind as it comes. I've ridden other naked bikes at speed before and found the airflow was much smoother and was not overwhelming at all. :thumbup:

I do a lot of 300-500 mile days all summer and I found myself coming home with a sore neck. It wasn't so much an immediate thing, it was just the consequence of spending literally all day on the bike with no wind protection.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
. I should have an alright time since a lot of it has to do with keeping your head and back in a straight line and leaning into the wind as it comes. I've ridden other naked bikes at speed before and found the airflow was much smoother and was not overwhelming at all. :thumbup:

How true. My other bike is a ducati monster, which came naked from the factory, and it is fine at "doing the ton" and longer trips

This space intentionally left blank.

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't regret at all! my 07 FZ6 has enough power for me to commute, reliable enough for me to ride years to come (as things are falling apart due to the age, my next rebuild piece is water pump..maybe next will be stator) as the parts are all available, durable, reliable and sometimes cheap to do rebuild/repair those by yourself (however I can't do valve check or adjustment by myself as it is beyond my available tool, mechanic skills but $250 a-shot is what's est pricing for having adjustment and $95 for valve check)

After, IMO, FZ6 is the best bike for commute, just glide between "bumper to bumper" traffic , it's the best bike I never regret at all to buy (paid $3500 when it was at 9,450 mileage and now 20K miles!)

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Do I regret my purchase at times? Maybe

This will be my 3rd season with the FZ6. At times I wish I had a super sport and other times I wish I had a cruiser, however I'm never dis satisfied with my fz6. I cant own multiple bikes, so the FZ6 fits me just fine. Other times I wish I owned a FZ1, but then I remind myself I'm nowhere near able to ride the fz6 to its potential, so that would be a waste.

If the FZ6 continues to be reliable, I will continually be happy with my purchase.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Well...got a few toys in the mail this week. My brother put my bar risers on. While I only had time to take it around the block real quick, it easily doubles the comfort instantly. I'm sitting almost straight up now. Much more relaxed, steering felt more confident. I can't wait to actually put some miles on the new bar risers and see how I feel after a longer ride. Good news is, if for some reason I decide to go back to stock, it takes 5 minutes. So far, definitely worth the $45 for the risers. Lets me get more cruiser/standard feel while still having the performance.

I also got my RAM handlebar bolt mount for an X-grip for my phone. Wanted to wait until after the bar riser was installed before putting the phone mount on, so that'll be done soon.

I got some polish for the exhaust header, so that'll be a fun project, and a Fenda Extenda to hopefully give the front end more protection.

Still waiting for my syringes to come so I can lube my clutch cable at least. I ended up ordering some Mad Hornets shorty levers as well, so I can adjust the lever-reach. Figured it'd be a good idea to do the cable lube and levers at the same time.

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
Well...got a few toys in the mail this week. My brother put my bar risers on. While I only had time to take it around the block real quick, it easily doubles the comfort instantly. I'm sitting almost straight up now. Much more relaxed, steering felt more confident. I can't wait to actually put some miles on the new bar risers and see how I feel after a longer ride. Good news is, if for some reason I decide to go back to stock, it takes 5 minutes. So far, definitely worth the $45 for the risers. Lets me get more cruiser/standard feel while still having the performance.

I also got my RAM handlebar bolt mount for an X-grip for my phone. Wanted to wait until after the bar riser was installed before putting the phone mount on, so that'll be done soon.

I got some polish for the exhaust header, so that'll be a fun project, and a Fenda Extenda to hopefully give the front end more protection.

Still waiting for my syringes to come so I can lube my clutch cable at least. I ended up ordering some Mad Hornets shorty levers as well, so I can adjust the lever-reach. Figured it'd be a good idea to do the cable lube and levers at the same time.

Did you go with fleaBay risers? I am planning on doing this in the spring.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you go with fleaBay risers? I am planning on doing this in the spring.

These are the risers I got. This guy/site makes a bunch of risers and aluminum mirror spacers. I'll try to get a pick of them posted soon so you can see. Definitely quality pieces.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B938WKW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: 1" up 1.25" back Handlebar Risers Yamaha FZ1 FZ6: Automotive[/ame]