Accident last night... V3.0 destroyed.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dave! We're all glad you came out again in one piece. The abrupt and unpredictable maneuvering of that Asian woman driver rings much truth. I swear it almost seemed like I witnessed this sort driving on more than one occasion in L.A.

BTW the Triumph Street Triple looks awesome.

P.S.
Nice forward roll. ;)

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are okay! Good luck with your replacement and try not to have V4.0:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I already responded in your other thread....some additional thoughts:

I hope magseal does not TRY to rip you apart for this

Shyt like this makes me think TWICE, especially in light of my recent dirt bike injury and some other things I have seen go down this year.

You must have landed pefectly....LUCKY!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I already responded in your other thread....some additional thoughts:

I hope magseal does not TRY to rip you apart for this

Shyt like this makes me think TWICE, especially in light of my recent dirt bike injury and some other things I have seen go down this year.

You must have landed pefectly....LUCKY!

Whoa, I have not heard of Magseal in a long time. Didn't homie get banned? Even though he was extreme in his replies it was amusing to read his posts :eek:.
Does he go under another acronym now?

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
V4.0 is one update I think we all, especially you could do with out. Glad to see you came out of this with "minor" physical issues. I have to admit as a new rider I often get to a point where I look at these nut jobs and wonder if its all worth the risk. I can honestly say the enjoyment of the ride to this point out ways the freaks and there stupidity. I assume that's why most of you come back after any sort of crash. Don't know you and have only been on this board for a short time but I wish you a quick heal and I get the feeling you will be back on the a bike soon.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
David! Holy Crap!!! Utterly relieved to know you're OK! Extremely sad for your bike! You've got a Guardian Angel looking over you.

Send Yamaha a pic and respectfully bow out. Post pics of the bike if you have time.

Take care and please keep us informed.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you are extremely lucky and should go out and buy a lottery ticket. I am glad your alright. :thumbup:

Sucks that you can't win the competition for the best looking bike anymore.:(

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds terrible. If there's one thing that bothers me it's the inassertive drivers. You know, the ones that seem to drive uncertain about things. They'll drive you crazy with their indecision. I hate it when you're at a 4 way stop and you're approaching---no, make that slowing down---and they, paranoid, have to wait until you're completely stopped. Then, and only then, do they s-l-o-w-l-y start to cross the intersection. If they'd be more courteous, assertive, they would initiate the cross as soon as it was evident that you're coming to a stop so that you would'nt have to wait a frickin' half hour waiting for them to get the F out of the way. Sounds like that lady was the same way: unsure if it was safe or not to proceed, so does it half-ass leaving everybody else wondering what she's going to do.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are OK...too bad about the bike. I hope it gets totaled for you..it would nice to get enough cash to plunk down on something new.

I never trust anyone else on the rode when I am riding my bike!

Goodluck!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As others have mentioned, glad you are OK! A high percentage wise, a rider will encounter an accident within the first 5 minutes of the ride, so you just added another statistic to that group.

What kind of gear were you wearing? How did it hold up?

I agree with Biker Dude........The use of the horn may have saved your ass as you described that you had time to evaluate your corrective measures. If I feel or see threatened in anyway, I use my horn period! I probably use my horn too much, but I don't care, that's just the way I am when I ride.

As far the Mercedes? $$$$$$$

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the really ****ty thing (as you arent hurt) is you were supposed to take 3.0 to display it at that bike show thing. that kind of blows. i was really looking forward to enjoying that vicariously through you. someone on these forums was going to take the motorcycle world by storm with a killer black naked fz6.

ah well.

cant wait to see 4.0. if there will be a 4.0??

if not ill just hang myself now.

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
glad you are ok. wait---you arent ok. talk to your lawyer for sure. you neck IS still hurting--isnt it?? your back too!!! can you say 09 vmax? did you get witnesses names?? good luck and keep us informed.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel that we as a Collective failed in not seizing possession of Wavex's V3.0 IMMEDIATELY he got word that he was going to Laguna until the bike could be trailered to the event.
We should hang our heads in shame.....in SHAME I tell you. :disapprove:

:D:D:D

I'm so glad to hear you got out of that one with no broken bones, Wavex.....I wouldn't be too quick to sign anything for a while, however, just in case some post-accident trauma shows up.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel that we as a Collective failed in not seizing possession of Wavex's V3.0 IMMEDIATELY he got word that he was going to Laguna until the bike could be trailered to the event.
We should hang our heads in shame.....in SHAME I tell you. :disapprove:

:D:D:D

I'm so glad to hear you got out of that one with no broken bones, Wavex.....I wouldn't be too quick to sign anything for a while, however, just in case some post-accident trauma shows up.

Personally, I'm not a real fan of the naked version of the Fizzer, but Wavex'x bike was an exception. It was an awsome looking bike, and hate the thought of it being wrecked.

Wavex, you shouldn't have to pay a dime out of your pocket. Make sure you're compensated from her insurance and then some. I can feel your stiff neck all the way from Vegas.