A rant and a praise

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Got caught in a gully-washer (forgive my local-ism) on the way home today... Figured I'd share my experience after sitting in traffic and getting soaked.

First the praise:
Bridgestone BT-016. What a great tire... After laying the bike down at the beginning of the summer, I've been really skiddish about getting to exuberant in corners. After getting these mounted, it has been a new riding experience. The bike just begs to be laid over in corners and has great grip. In addition to that, they did just fine in the rain. The roads here are really bad about flooding. I hit a couple deep patches of water and never felt the bike do anything strange, just kept on going. Of course it slowed down, and my shoes filled up with water, but the bike didn't do anything unpredictable. These are great tires for the price.

The rant:
Scorpion Cool Rod jacket. While they never claimed the jacket to be waterproof, they did (at one time, the website has changed since then) claim the pockets to be waterproof. Instead, they are water collectors. Now, i'm having to go buy a cheap Go-phone to use until my contract expires next summer. :mad: just my luck...

iRoNyX

Reaction score
Visit site
Better to have to replace a busted phone than a busted bike and/or rider, if you ask me :p.

Sucks, but coulda been way worse dude. Thanks for the review on the BTs... I think BT-021's will be my next tire set.