A little fun with the welder

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking in something like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-IgdqRTAPM]YouTube - Denali Extreme LED Lighting by TwistedThrottle.com[/ame]

"LED lighting uses 10 watt LED technology. Each pod produces 900 lumens, making them the most efficient off-road lamp on the market. Unlike HIDs which require a warm-up time, LEDs are on at the flick of a switch!"

You can see more info at: TwistedThrottle.com : Denali LED Lighting 2-Light Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M10 Mount - TT-D1.KIT

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking in something like this.

YouTube - Denali Extreme LED Lighting by TwistedThrottle.com

"LED lighting uses 10 watt LED technology. Each pod produces 900 lumens, making them the most efficient off-road lamp on the market. Unlike HIDs which require a warm-up time, LEDs are on at the flick of a switch!"

You can see more info at: TwistedThrottle.com : Denali LED Lighting 2-Light Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M10 Mount - TT-D1.KIT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa2XIc3WB5U&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Denali LED Lighting on Suzuki DR650SE[/ame]

I went to your link and found this, but at $299!

flash

Reaction score
Visit site
Few people prioritize function over form. Please dont let the skeptices discourage you, its always more rewarding when you do thing your self. I look forward to seeing your future mods, by the way I use the same lights on my FJR and they are frikkin bright!

Acsmith02

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen this bike in person and IMHO this setup looks pretty awesome. The thing you can't see in this picture is that overall, everything flows together pretty well. Is this mod for me? no.... not really, but I admire that he can see something in his head that he likes and then make it happen in the way that he wants that functions in the way that he needs. For modding on a budget, this is :thumbup:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's this kind of "Out of the Box" thinking that I really like. I am pretty impressed with the work this obviously took to fab and install. I really cant wait to see what else you got planned. How long can you run with the lights on? Do the horns scare the crap out of people? Awesome! :rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I kind of like it, good job.

I don't plan to run them for any extended period of time so it's not going to be an issue. More of a 'can you see me now?' kinda thing.

Just make sure not to blind oncoming traffic such that it causes an accident rather than prevents one :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ended up with this:

img00080201009171208.jpg

Going to try this for a bit, if I'm not happy with it I'm going to make some mirror mount brackets, or a mounting point farther forward. Right now it's the furthest forward point that has a solid mounting location without cutting and away from the body work.

A welding machine and a motorcycle can become an adiction.... :BLAA: (BEWARE) LOL :rockon: :D

awdmzr

Road Warrior
Reaction score
Visit site
Update on the lights. I was out the other night and ran with them off and on for about 2 hours at highway speeds. I would estimate that I had them on about 50% of the time. No ill effects to report at this time.

Given that the only filament-based bulbs that I have left on my bike are these and the headlights, I should be OK with a 50% duty cycle. Eliminating constant 5watts*3 and intermittent 21watts * 5 has probably helped. Not sure what my LEDs draw, but I know it's considerably less. Guess I've attacked the (comparatively) low-output stator from the other end... reduce static load. I might upgrade to HIDs just to get my combined headlight power consumption to 70w without the Hellas on, but I have concerns about the beam pattern.