A handlebar gadget question

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm rolling my handlebar back to get the grips a little lower and I'm having trouble getting the left and right handlebar switches to move forward on the bar. I can get the levers to move fine, and I've taken the screws out of the bottom of the housing of both switches, but they don't seem to want to budge. I don't want to force anything, but I can't see anything else to undo to get them to roll forward. Any ideas please are always :thumbup:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I know where you're coming from. When I rotated my bars back (to get a clip on feel) the hi beam switch and starter were in weird places.

I'm not sure about the left side but the right side has the little pin as Jerry said.

When I kept the stock bar, I just rotated it back and kept the weird position. When I went to the FZ1 bar, it wasn't that weird -- and it didn't rotate as far back (nor did it need to).

Dennis

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 bar may definitely be in my future, but I thought I would check out rolling the stock bar back first. Well thanks for the info, glad I didn't tug on anything. I think I'm ok with where the switches being where they are, just thought I'd see if they do move. I did have to move the brake lever over to the left a little because it only rolls forward so far until it knocks into the switch housing. I'll tinker with it, cool quick little mod though!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, if i remember correctly there is a little pin that goes into a little hole in your handle bars, just pop them off, take a dremel and smooth the pin off... easy fix :thumbup: