150cc FZ from india

kojie

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,

been a lurker for a while now just wanted to share a few yamaha india bikes i found on the net

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.
5-800.jpg

innerpagebanner_01.jpg

wp_fz16_p02_1024.jpg

wp_fz16_p05_1024.jpg

My current bike is a Cb400 Hyper Vtec spec 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChMvYLKa1v8[/ame]
^^Same setup as my bike

Anyway i want to upgrade later on to a fz6n since i like the nekkid version. Im from the philippines btw. :)

great forum btw.

--kojiee

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics! I like the two toned tank, with the black down the center. :welcome:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where about in the PI are you located?
New Alabang Town Center here, at least when I go and visit.
:welcome:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow. I want that headlight for a naked conversion!!! It looks like a perfect mix between the FZ6N and FZ1N headlight. :thumbup:

*edit* BTW, did anyone click on that link? The name of this bike is the, I kid you not, "FZ1-6". Weird! Me likey!!!

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool bike very apt for the conditions in India. Its only 12 hp and very light. It would be a good back road bike here in the US. I recon if this bike is taken on our freeways you may need a parachute as you will definately be blown of the freeway ;). There's also a mini me version of the R1/ R6 called the R15 which is the sporty version of the bike. Here's a review on the R15

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhSBqNXy2E]YouTube - OVERDRIVE - yamaha r15[/ame]

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. I want that headlight for a naked conversion!!! It looks like a perfect mix between the FZ6N and FZ1N headlight. :thumbup:

*edit* BTW, did anyone click on that link? The name of this bike is the, I kid you not, "FZ1-6". Weird! Me likey!!!

I am going to India in Feb/March next year maybe I can check on availability and a group buy while I am there.

kojie

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i love the headlights as well. There is already 1 shop here selling a Fz16 but no price yet since it just arrived.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
*stands with 600cc engine dangling between legs*

LOL

to be fair tho that does look pretty good for a smaller bike. India is all about smaller-engined bikes. When people come over to visit my parents and have just immigrated from india...their jaws drop when I tell them the specs of the FZ6. :)

kojie

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it looks nice in person also the Yamaha r15.

Oh here is a nice valentino rossi commercial... LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWjnXg19Gs]YouTube - Valentino Rossi Riding T135 Jupiter MX 135LC Sniper CryptonX Exciter Spark 135[/ame]

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I owned a CB400 VTEC 2 before changing to a FZ6S2. Sometime i really missed the slient and smoothness of Honda's mtorcyles.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
here a couple of pictures of the little yamaha FZ16 taken in the real world near Medellín, Colombia

ed89a2f01-wallpaper.jpg

ed89a2f02-wallpaper.jpg

ed89a2f013-wallpaper.jpg

the original review (in spanish)
"http://www.demotos.com.co/html/articulo2.htm"

it's being sold here for 6,500,000 Colombian pesos which is about 3,233 US dollars - yeah I know is pretty expensive but this is a different economy anyway :D -

for comparison purposes currently a brand new FZ6 Fazer S2 (the faired one) costs here 26,900,000 Colombian pesos, about 13,379 US dollars. a brand new FZ6 S2 ABS (the naked one) costs 28,900,000 about 14,374 US dollars.

I have already seen it on the street and it looks pretty nice, just a perfect toy for going around the time without expending a lot of gas.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a customer from India come over about 2 years back. He rode a Honda back home but it was 90cc I think? He was one of the lower class that had managed to go to school and get his engineering degree. There was still a lot of the cast system in him. It took me a week to get him talking. :) Good kid. On lunch break I took him to the local cycle shop to look at bikes. He was shocked at how big they were. The only thing close to what he had back home were a couple of the smaller dirt bikes. It was mid winter in IL, I wanted to rent a Harley and put him on my CB750 but it was @ 20*F... Oh well.

We really should have that bike or maybe a 250 version of that bike here. It would be a great starter bike.

kojie

Reaction score
Visit site
I owned a CB400 VTEC 2 before changing to a FZ6S2. Sometime i really missed the slient and smoothness of Honda's mtorcyles.

I have a yoshi pipe and its a screamer when the vtec kicks in. Its louder than some of the fz6 bikers that I managed to ride with. :)