WTB fz6 frame

slymjym350

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 FZ6 with a scratch across the VIN. The bike was a salvaged bike and I purchased it from craigslist, from a guy that that faked an out of state title. I took it to the DMV and the title is missing the last character of the VIN. After doing some research the bike has not been stolen, it was pawned by someone, who's in jail. The pawn shop sold it for "parts" to the guy I purchased it from. Looking back I wish I would have waited. Now I have a 2006 Fz6 with 3800 miles that I cant legally get a tag for. Anybody have a non salvaged bike they could sell the frame and title for?

I need this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm guessing you already know you are the person 'holding the bag'.....

The person who pawned the bike should be at fault on the loan, there is likely still a lein against the origional title. The party that falsified the title..... that's forgery, I believe. You may want to contact the police about that. Interstate transport of stolen goods is a felony, I believe.

Whoever had the paper on the loan, probably has the title..... it doesn't sound like it was 'salvaged' in the more traditional sense.... i.e., totalled by the insurance company due to damage. Effectively, it's been written off as stolen.

If you can chase that party down, they may be willing to sell you the origional title to recover part of their costs. If not, they may be willing to buy the bike from you for re-sale. The risk, as I am sure you are aware, is they recover their property and you lose whatever you paid for the bike.

The right thing to do would be to go after the bozo who sold it to you.

Back