Word of warning on these chinese levers!

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not trying to start an arguement about Chinese levers being good or bad, I'm just warning against a seller that I've purchased from.

After reading some horror stories about Chinese levers I was skeptical but thought I'd try my luck and see if I could get a decent pair. They came and the quality seemed good and I was fairly impressed. I went to fit them today and the clutch lever went on a treat. The issue I had was with the brake lever; there was a little dimple protruding outwards in the master cylinder pin recess due to bad machining.

20170304_174712_zpsnec5elv6.jpg

The next image shows the depth difference between depths of the original lever and the Chinese lever (The black mark is the original lever.).

20170304_140310_zps78qzpkb1.jpg

When fitted you had to force it in and apply pressure to the master cylinder to get the bolt through and the brakes were deffo binding. This is a classic tell from what I've read of potential disaster. I did try to machine it out with a dremel but there was a lot of play as a result.

20170304_160259_zps0hn1z0ea.jpg

Personally it's not worth risking my bike or my life for a cheap lever so I've decided against fitting it and decided to keep the clutch lever and order a proper pazzo brake lever for peace of mind.

Now don't get me wrong this isn't an attack against the ebay seller in general. I know these levers are hit and miss regardless of where you get them and some can come flawless and others like mine. I just hope at the very least reading this may make people check theirs before fitting. The ebayer in question by the way is "Kaokangtang"

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited: