which headlight should I do?

Dadeadlyraccoon

Reaction score
Visit site
I found this headlight on ebay that I really like and found two drastically different prices on them. I can see that one is from Bangkok and one is from Brooklyn, the one from Bangkok is a bid only and the Brooklyn one is a buy it now only. My question is would I sacrfice quality and ease of installation of my parts by bidding on the Bangkok one? Here are links to the two:

Brooklyn

Motorcycle Sonic StreetFighter Headlight HID HALO Projector | eBay

Bangkok

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks for the help!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just worked on the on the HID unit on the one of those exact headlights today. The directionals have no reflectors and are hard to see. To me they're pretty worthless as far as signals. So if you choose it plan on additional LED replacements. The ballast on the unit was bad from the beginning and blew it's own fuse. We got a new HID ballast and I fixed up some other unrelated wire problems and the HID is bright! There's no lo/hi beam just the nice bright running light up top and the HID. The other Asia unit is any ones guess but I would make sure it accepts minimally the H4 55/65 watt in the bottom.

You might contact dev_usc who is one of our members that can get you the VS-2 headlamp assembly. I believe he's also doing the HID projector conversion for those now.

Last edited:

borka

Reaction score
Visit site
I just worked on the on the HID unit on the one of those exact headlights today. The directionals have no reflectors and are hard to see. To me they're pretty worthless as far as signals. So if you chose it plan on additional LED replacements. The ballast on the unit was bad from the beginning and blew it's own fuse. We got a new HID ballast and I fixed up some other unrelated wire problems and the HID is bright! There's no lo/hi beam just the nice bright running light up top and the HID. The other Asia unit is any ones guess but I would make sure it accepts minimally the H4 55/65 watt in the bottom.

You might contact dev_usc who is one of our members that can get you the VS-2 headlamp assembly. I believe he's also doing the HID projector conversion for those now.

Are you sure you are talking about the headlight from this ebay listing?

because, in the listing it is a custom made headlight, with a Bixenon HID projector fitted on the bottom, and it functions both for low beams and high beams.
It comes complete with the slim HID ballasts, as well as the relay/wiring that runs to your battery to power the HID projector, this way the HID does not put any stress on your existing bikes wiring.

Read the feedback on the seller feedback, with everyone very happy with the headlights quality and light output.

I think in the headlight you are talking about, you just put a regular hid bulb in there, and not a projector. That is why you dont have high beams.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure you are talking about the headlight from this ebay listing?

because, in the listing it is a custom made headlight, with a Bixenon HID projector fitted on the bottom, and it functions both for low beams and high beams.
It comes complete with the slim HID ballasts, as well as the relay/wiring that runs to your battery to power the HID projector, this way the HID does not put any stress on your existing bikes wiring.

Read the feedback on the seller feedback, with everyone very happy with the headlights quality and light output.

I think in the headlight you are talking about, you just put a regular hid bulb in there, and not a projector. That is why you dont have high beams.

I couldn't tell you if it was the same exact supplier. It was an ebay supplier and it was just a single function projector HID and had a running light over it. The directional lights where a joke. Could hardly see them. The housing assembly was that exact assembly.

The one you're referring to has hi and lo beam so it's a lot better in that department but the directionals have a lot to be desired. They can hardly be seen in the front.

Last edited: