Where to find a left mirror

Awreck

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I am new at this riding thing. My husband is trying to teach me on my new Candy Red 2007 FZ6. I have dropped it several times already. I can not pick it up by myself. At first he said I could ride it now he says the bike is too big for me. I'm 5'3" 120 lbs. (all my gear is x-small). I was sitting on it in the garage last night and somehow I dropped it into his car. The left mirror broke off. I have searched high and low on the net to find a new one. I have been able to find one. Any suggestions?

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

This is the link to the Yamaha online parts catalog:

My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

There you can create and account an find a new mirror....

On a side note..did you r husband just buy the bike for you? or did he have you sit on it first? It sounds like you have to stand on your tip toes to touch the ground?...if so, it maybe a little too TALL for you....just curious?

Awreck

Reaction score
Visit site
I am definately on my tip toes. I actually went on a day off and purchased the bike. Of course hubby was there to sign the papers and he did make the comment that it seemed too big that day. Of course small packages come with LARGE wills. I was strapped for time to find a new ride and 250's were no where to be found in the Georgia area. We shaved the seat last night from a thread on a forum, but since I only weigh 120 lbs I can't tell much difference.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
yah...sport standards are ussually a little on the tall side. My wife got her bike ticket last year and we got her a Suzuki Savage 650...it's a single cylinder 650 cruiser...cheep money too. She is only 5'3" tall like you. She can sit on this bike and be flat footed...she feels more confident on this bike than a taller bike. Also we did not want to get a 250, for fear she would out grow it too quickly, so we got the savage 650....it's a small bike, similar in size to a 250.

Good luck getting the mirror.:thumbup:

Awreck

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked out the site you listed but did not locate a mirror. Did I miss it? Is it call something other than a mirror?

Awreck

Reaction score
Visit site
I just spoke to the dealer where I got the bike and they can get the mirror. Now do you know anyone who want to buy a nice FZ6 in Candy red

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go the web page and enter your model year and FZ6...you get to the screen that has the list of parts on the left. Scroll down to Cowel1 and click on it...you should see the exploded view of the cowel...the mirrors are items 31 and 32.

now look in the lower parts list and find items 31 and 32...those will be the Yamaha part numbers to order.:thumbup:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just spoke to the dealer where I got the bike and they can get the mirror. Now do you know anyone who want to buy a nice FZ6 in Candy red

Hi:

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. Maybe before you sell your beautiful bike.. you could:

First, get the shock lowered to #1, factory setting is on 3. that should soften up your suspension.. Second, get some boots (I have the TCX Sunrays)that give good traction and height if possible. I am almost 5'4" and I can almost flat foot (but the ball is good enough) This bike is amazingly nimble and easy to balance, so you don't need to be flat footed.. Oh do you have frame sliders? I hope you do.. Take the bike to a grassy area with your husband. . and have him help you drop the bike softly and then practice picking it up. My husband did this with me. I found it easier to turn the handle bars (BRAKE ON AT ALL TIMES) to the opposite direction, push up just enough to be able to rest the frame on my thigh.. then straighten out the handle bar and push up.

I am not trying to tell you what to do.. just want you to give it a good chance at keeping and riding it.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go the web page and enter your model year and FZ6...you get to the screen that has the list of parts on the left. Scroll down to Cowel1 and click on it...you should see the exploded view of the cowel...the mirrors are items 31 and 32.

now look in the lower parts list and find items 31 and 32...those will be the Yamaha part numbers to order.:thumbup:

http://www.carolinacycle.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

31 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASS
4S8-26280-00-00 1 $47.90

I just bought the front cowling from them. really inexpensive, and the parts arrived on the 6th business day, exactly when they said it would. Good luck.

Deb

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are they the cheapest place to buy parts? I noticed compared to an NY dealer I use, they're 37% cheaper, which is awesome!

They seem to be. I did a lot of searching for my cowl parts. Even my dealer wouldn't match the price. No sales tax, but there is a shipping fee as I stated earlier. It was still less expensive than the other options.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi:

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. Maybe before you sell your beautiful bike.. you could:

First, get the shock lowered to #1, factory setting is on 3. that should soften up your suspension.. Second, get some boots (I have the TCX Sunrays)that give good traction and height if possible. I am almost 5'4" and I can almost flat foot (but the ball is good enough) This bike is amazingly nimble and easy to balance, so you don't need to be flat footed.. Oh do you have frame sliders? I hope you do.. Take the bike to a grassy area with your husband. . and have him help you drop the bike softly and then practice picking it up. My husband did this with me. I found it easier to turn the handle bars (BRAKE ON AT ALL TIMES) to the opposite direction, push up just enough to be able to rest the frame on my thigh.. then straighten out the handle bar and push up.

I am not trying to tell you what to do.. just want you to give it a good chance at keeping and riding it.

There are LOADS of videos on youtube showing how to pick up a bike too here!

Choco

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought FZ6 N with broken left mirror. At the beginning I wanted to put a pair of aftermarket black mirrors, but I didn't find suitable - looking cool and with simiral positioning after mounting. So I was surpised when I found the stock mirrors of the Yamaha for just 30 EU for the pair in one relatively small scooter / bike shop.

wicketewoky

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also 5' 3" just bought a 2007 Fz6 and had the shocks loosened. I can now balance very comfortably on the balls of my feet rather than tipy-toes. It's a really cheap easy solution as long as you don't take your turns super tight:)