Upstate SC/NC ride - Nov. 1st, Sat. afternoon

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Time to meet is 11:30 at 11 & 25. Should be between 60-65 degrees then, and for most of our ride. Plan on finishing up around 3:30 in Cleveland @ ~ 70 degrees.

from:SC-25 to:N Tigerville Rd to:35.085518,-82.26423 to:State Hwy S-23-17 to:NC-1847/Old Mountain Page Rd/Old Mt Page Rd to:NC-1832/Pace Mountain Rd to:NC-1181/Ozone Dr to:Big Hungry Rd/Deep Gap Rd/NC-1154 to:I-26 E to:S Lake Summit Rd/NC-1852 to:Bob

Plan on meeting at the corner of highway 25 & 11. Plan on riding over to Campbell’s Covered Bridge (Campbell's Covered Bridge , Gowensville, South Carolina SC - Campbell Covered Bridge Photo ), up to Saluda (taking a road I’ve never been on before), then to Upwards Rd. (also taking a road I’ve never been on before), down to Tuxedo around a lake (yet another road I’ve never been on before), and back down to Cleveland (Echo Valley). If any of these new roads turns out to be gravel, we’ll just turn around and find a different way.

Please let me know if you’re coming for sure so I can be sure we wait for ya.

Thanks, Ryan
380-2608

Jadon01

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a nice ride. My wife and I plan on riding to Saluda Saturday via hwys 11 & 176. Maybe we'll cross paths..?

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
What a GREAT ride :banana:banana:banana. That was one of the most fun rides I've done. It was just Grady and I, and we kept a pretty good pace going all afternoon. My odometer ended up at 140 miles for the afternoon.

A couple of my new roads were dirt (Mtn. Page & around lake). And the road from Green River Cove over to Upwards doesn't exsist, at least not these days, maybe used to be dirt?

But we did play on Fork Creek road over to the East side of Saluda into 176. That was a lot of fun too. Tiedit all up aith a lot of car passing up and down Caesar's head...WAY too much traffic, and stupid Harleys's that are as bad as a car to pass. Why can't they just slide over a little??? It wasn't even that curvy...UUgghh.

I'll post post up a couple of pictures from the covered bridge when I get a chance...