Targa West Rally 2010 - outside our house :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, Targa West Rally ran a stage in Bullsbrook yesterday. LITERALLY outside our house. Streets were closed, obviously. The driveway you see in the pic, next to the streetsign is ours :D

All the neighbours set up our chairs and eskys behind the barricade (right outside our gate :)) and we all watched these awesome cars fly by. They were a little delayed - there was a crash on the liaison stage (not anyone in the race) and by the time the last 10 cars came through, it was starting to get dark and several cars just missed some kangaroos that took exception to the loud noise :eek:

We had Lambos, Jags, Porsches, Ford GTs, Toranas and many, many more fly past our house :thumbup:

The Aussie (ok, he was born in NZ but we'll claim him :D) V8 racing legend, and now Targa rally competitor Jim Richards, raced his Porsche - I think he's currently in 2nd.

Anyway, it was a great way to spend a few hours yesterday afternoon. Here are some pics - sorry about quality - must have had the camera on the wrong setting :spank:

Aussies, PLEASE note the wonderful Holden Torana A9X - :drool: :drool: :drool: Sorry there is no sound. It looked sexy and sounded even better ......

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta love those old Torana's...still one of my favourite cars ever...my big brother even had one a long time ago...the road going version anyway, a SS torana hatchback in lime green, with black racing stripes...i can only just remember it...but i know it was an awesome car!

You really do live out in the sticks dont ya Kazza! :D

cheers for the photo's...where is the rest of them! :D

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics Karen :thumbup:

Is that the same rally that Brocky died in a little while back ?

Yeah it's the same one Mick. We were actually there (where he died) only a couple of weeks ago when we went for a ride. One of the better roads over here for riding.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it's the same one Mick. We were actually there (where he died) only a couple of weeks ago when we went for a ride. One of the better roads over here for riding.

You mean it's actually got a few corners??? :Flip:

Sorry, but i have this image of WA being pretty flat, and with lots of straight roads! Am i wrong?

:thumbup:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean it's actually got a few corners??? :Flip:

Sorry, but i have this image of WA being pretty flat, and with lots of straight roads! Am i wrong?

:thumbup:

LOL...You're pretty much on the money. There are a couple of hills but once you get over them there is nothing :(...There are some nice roads up our way as far as twistys go, but certainly no mountains over this way.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...You're pretty much on the money. There are a couple of hills but once you get over them there is nothing :(...There are some nice roads up our way as far as twistys go, but certainly no mountains over this way.

So i am guessing that track days are pretty popular then???

:D

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I spent a lot of time down around Pemberton and the like,the roads down there are fantastic :thumbup:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I spent a lot of time down around Pemberton and the like,the roads down there are fantastic :thumbup:

When you head south west of Perth there are some really nice roads. It's just a shame they are 3-4 hours from the city. When hyou head north though there is absolutely nothing but flat straight roads

Welby

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, Targa West Rally ran a stage in Bullsbrook yesterday. LITERALLY outside our house. Streets were closed, obviously. The driveway you see in the pic, next to the streetsign is ours :D

Aussies, PLEASE note the wonderful Holden Torana A9X - :drool: :drool: :drool: Sorry there is no sound. It looked sexy and sounded even better ......

sorry to revive an old post, do you have a fresh link to that torana video or picture ?

Thanks