Tankslapper kit

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to wait a while for them to correct their mistake but its become blatantly obvious that's not going to happen so here goes:

I ordered the full protection kit for my 08 mid-September. I realized the site didn't have any years listed for the FZ6 so I called and was assured they'd get me the correct pieces since the front is different on the 07+ models. I received the package a couple weeks later and the 3M pieces for the front are for the 2006 and prior models (since the tank and rear plastics are the same they work). Aside from that it was missing the center strip and top tankbag protector pieces for the tank. I was able to use the tank sides, rear plastics, headlights and "eyebrow" covers with a little trimming. I've since tried calling and e-mailing numerous times and have received no response.

So in summary if you have a 2007+ FZ6 DO NOT order the full protection kit and if you have a 2006 or prior you better hope you get all the pieces.

On a side note if anyone with a 04-06 wants the big triangular piece for the front fairing PM me and its yours for the price of shipping.

S

sportrider

I've never seen that before, at least it wasn't very expensive.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a bad experience myself. Paid for the complete kit, only received random pieces. The front triangle for the windshield was missing, the tank top was screwed when I got it, the pieces for the side pods wasn't good for the shape. Contacted them & Lucas promissed that it would be replaced. I never received a replacement.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a bad experience myself. Paid for the complete kit, only received random pieces. The front triangle for the windshield was missing, the tank top was screwed when I got it, the pieces for the side pods wasn't good for the shape. Contacted them & Lucas promissed that it would be replaced. I never received a replacement.

Sorry to hear you had issues too...I had the same problems with the rear pod pieces being too small....I used a blow dryer and worked on them for a while and got them to stretch a little but they're still nowhere close to perfect. I had to do the same with the front 'eyebrow' pieces in addition to trimming them to fit correctly. I'm considering cutting the front triangle piece to fit but I figured I'd offer it for someone with an 06 before I destroyed it. Although I thought it'd be nice to have the whole front protected, I really wanted the whole tank protection (sides/center/top)....since all I got was the sides I wish I'd just ordered the techspec or stompgrip pads or even the bagster cover. The 3M stuff and even the static tankslapper material seems to be of good quality, I just wish I had received everything and it fit correctly.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2007 R1 has a special CPU sensor that can detect tankslappers. If you look hard enough, you can find it.

Say what? :eyebrow:

I really wanted to buy this for my bike a couple of months ago. I often use a tank bag and don't want it to scuff up my paint. So I was thinking of getting the "Tank Top Protection Kit", but it's entirely unclear which pieces this includes for our bike. It seems that maybe you would need the "TankSlapper Tank Protector" and the "Tank Top Protection Kit" in order to protect the whole tank, but for the price of both kits (which includes who knows what) it would make more sense to just buy the "TankSlapper Total Protection Kit". Problem with that is they don't list different years for the FZ6, and the picture of the pieces is clearly wrong for a 2008 bike.

I tried calling the contact number to get some answers to my questions, but all I got was some guys personal voice mail. It looks like they have a good product, too bad it's not really available for our bikes.

Anyone know of another supplier for such a kit?

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG... so it's not just me. First of all, I called them with questions and when ready to place the order, was told to go online. Fine... 4, 5 days later it hasn't shipped. I called again then it got packaged. However, it arrived without the installation kit.. ie, squeegee, shampoo, trial piece... etc. It's been more than a month and a half and the incomplete package still in the garage.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THOSE GUYS?!?!:ban: