Star Studded Ride Today!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BryanDH and I went for a ride today. We did our regular tour of Palomar Mountain, Montezuma Valley Rd. into Borrego Springs where we stopped for lunch at a local haunt named Carlee's. Carlee's (a bar and restaurant) is a cool place and I've made friends with some of the staff and we pretty much always have a good time chatting and catching a bite.
We pull in and there were some other bikes pulling in. One was this cool little Triumph Thruxton that had the tail bobbed and looked and sounded really good.
Go over for a look and start talking to the owner. He and I are talking and Bryan looks at him and asks, "What's your name?" He answers, "Riki...Riki Rachtman" Bryan knows him from Headbanger's Ball on MTV! Haha....Then another guy comes over and Bryan recognizes him! Gilby Clark. One of the guitar players from Gun n Roses and other bands. I said cool. So since you guys are famous would you take a picture with us? The feeling I got from them was really cool from the moment we started talking. They said sure! :rockon:

They were headed to some big biker event at Slab City near the Salton Sea.

Bryan and I had a great day riding up and down the mountains in perfect weather and made some new friends!

Riki, Bryan, Cliff and Gilby.
picture.php

Riki's Red Thruxton. He had a little mishap with his custom tail section. The license plate holder and tail light broke off and he drug his sleeping bag, tearing it up a little. luckily they're in a group of about 10 riders so he can ride in the middle of the group.
picture.php

Gilby's Sweet Lil Knucklehead...
picture.php

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I miss riding down there with you guys. :(

Thanks for the extra info and pics!

C'mon down! Man! I still want to got to Joshua Tree and go camping! We should do a campout before the snows come at higher elevations!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You rode/met Gilby Clark :eek: :eek: Guys, Gilby is one of my idols :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: AWESOME guitarist & seens to be a fairly likable bloke too :thumbup:.... Humpy is one VERY VERY jealous Aussie :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon down! Man! I still want to got to Joshua Tree and go camping! We should do a campout before the snows come at higher elevations!

Believe me Cliff, I've been looking at every angle to get down there before the end of the year. I can't wait for next spring though. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's well below freezing here most days now.

God.

Cool that you ran into those guys tho.

Ouch! Well you need to fly down here when it gets too bitter. I grew up in the north east so I know what it's all about. I've been frostbit trying to save frozen pipes under friends and families houses. When it get 20 below it starts getting serious and I know we prolly have members on here that get temps well below that.
When I was a kid...well I sort of still am....There was this neighbor who had a big Saint Bernard dog. Winter was upon us and we had a blizzard. For me that was a dream come true. I would wrap up as best I could to stave off getting wet. You could get pretty cold and if you were bundled good you'd stay warm in the snow but once the snow melted a little on you and you got wet you'd loose body heat fast. You'd start to shiver and your body tried to protect itself by cutting off circulation to exposed parts (Blue lips). In addition you're using lots more energy to move through the deep snow and I was a tough enough kid that I could feel pretty uncomfortable and still keep going if in play mode even with blue lips. If my mom saw me in that state, playtime was over. So I would stay away from where my mom could look out the window and see my sorry ass blue lipped shivering being but I would need food! This one day was a particularly beautiful snow fall and it was like heaven to me. I was wet, blue lipped shaking and out of energy. I needed food and if I went home it was the end of heaven. I remembered something about the Saint Bernard. The lady used to hide his treats (big round dog biscuits) under her porch. I dug through the snow drift against the porch and reached where I hoped they'd be. Yes!!!!! I was saved! I ate my biscuits and stayed out playing for a while longer. True story!:BLAA:

For now stay close to your browser and feel the SoCal warmth and Love! Hahaha! :rockon: