Split the cost of a power commander dyno tune?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I need my bike dyno tuned... its a must. I just hate having to pay more for the tune than i did out for the unit. I called a few places, Anywhere from $200 to $300. but the $200 is an hour and a half a way, where the $300 is only 20 min. (not that i dont mind going the extra distance to save $100, but he said it would have to be left and picked up later, or i would have to wait, (3-4 hours) That SUCKS!.)

Anyway. With all the experts out there. If I were to pay the $300 to get the tune. And provide all the specs of my bike, and specs of the tune, would it be possible to have a few people pitch in who have the same set up, and ill send them the map as well? Or is a tune more involved?

Im not trying to make money off this by any means, I just want to save a few $$$ when doing my tune, and i figure if other people want to tune their bikes the same, they can save a few $$$ too. I just wanna know if its possible, or if the DYNO guys actually "tune" the bike, not just the map?

Hope i dont come off wrong on this post... I just figured If i kinda "take one for the team" and pay the $300, maybe others would want the maps to save their bike the $300 tune...

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you have a different exhaust than I do, and a K&N, and a modded airbox.
So that would be a different map than I'd be able to use.. Good idea though, there are probably a couple of people who have similar setups.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget altitude.
If you live at sea level and you share with someone who lives at 5,000 feet, I would think you would be off a bit from what is optimal for their location.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, but im sure with 10,000 members, more than a handfull have a 2bros exhaust with K&N air filter and opend air box...

just an idea... figured it would help out anyone looking for a good custom map for cheap.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried this one: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-m...nder-maps.html (Custom Power Commander maps)
and use Wildcard's map, that's a 2008 FZ6 with TwoBros pipes but no after market air filter.
Currently I'm using this map and what a difference, I have all of the above setup plus K&N air filter, better than running zero maps like before.
The only thing is you modded your airbox.............. maybe worth the try and see how this map works for you.
Good luck.