question for those with engine guard and frame sliders.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i started this thread asking if it'd be overkill to have engine guards and sliders. a few responded that they have both. since then i've been looking around at some sliders... trying to find a cheap, decent pair that looks like they'd work with the engine guard.

so here's my question to you guys (or girls) that have both.

what sliders are you using?

almost all of them i see look like they have a section that could go into the frame. i'm not sure that part could with the guard on. have you had to alter the sliders at all? any help you can give will be appreciated. any pics. anything.

thanks y'all.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have GYTR sliders on one of my FZ's, and Oggy Knob sliders on my other FZ6....have crash tested both, both worked brilliantly, and did,nt hurt the frame, or engine mounts in either instance.

:thumbup:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched for frame sliders and really did not like the design of most. The long and hollow protrusion seems like it would act like a lever and bend, or break the bolt. The best design, IMO, is the Woodcraft. The slider is shorter and fatter than most and does not have a hollowed out end. Install was quick and easy. For racers who go down often the puck part is replaceable just by removing the side screw. Hollow ones make getting to the bolt difficult when a crash mashes the end closed.

Woodcraft-CFM :: Yamaha FZ6 04+ Frame Slider Kit (50-0413)

Tim

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I just ordered these:

04-08 T-Rex Yamaha FZ6 Fazer Frame Sliders NO CUT

They're a steal at $24 after shipping, and I've heard good things about them! I've been waiting months for them to get these back in stock...

i've been looking at them but they seem to have that part that looks like it goes into the frame. do you also have an engine guard? if so, do you plan on cutting that portion off?

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, I can't help you with that part, but I would imagine with just about any sliders you would have to shave some off in order to get them around the engine guard.