Pirelli Angel ST

Hill

Reaction score
Visit site
Just put a set of Pirelli Angel St on my bike. broke them in. then went for a 500 mile test ride. It felt like a new bike. the best tires Ive ever had on it. they handeled great on dry fast turns. and in the big rain storm at the end of the trip. If your looking for new tires you wont be disapointed with these.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 I have had a set all season and they are great tires.. haven't tried them in the rain, but dry they rock!!!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
These were on clearance at cycle gear during the summer for 199 a pair. Should i have got a set back then.....

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 i still have 3/8 chickenstrips and spent 3 days of solid rain in every thing from downtown traffic, 85mph freeway and backroads. At the end of the stay it was a 4hr ride back. Will get another set for sure.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put these on my bike as well. Took it for its first ride yesterday and WOW, what a difference vs the stock tires. Its going to take me a little bit to get used to the fast turn in these tires have. Very little effort required to turn into corners, and holds a line damn good now. If the rain holds off in my area this weekend, I'm going to have to hit the dragon with these puppies. What tire pressures are you guys running?

Speed_Racer

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put these on my bike as well. Took it for its first ride yesterday and WOW, what a difference vs the stock tires. Its going to take me a little bit to get used to the fast turn in these tires have. Very little effort required to turn into corners, and holds a line damn good now. If the rain holds off in my area this weekend, I'm going to have to hit the dragon with these puppies. What tire pressures are you guys running?

I noticed the huge difference as well these babies hug the road like they are attached by rail! I run 33-35psi front and 40-42psi rear and they seem to perform perfectly no matter the weather I'm in.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I try to keep a steady 32 in the front and 41 in the back.. makes for a great ride when its just me and the top case...

as for miles, I've had them on for about 5500 miles and they still look great.. I expect at least another 5k before i think of a new pair... my average is about 7500 per pair since i have owned my bike, but the last rear caught a nail and it needed replacing... did the front just because...

beekerfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats cool to here I work at a Yamaha shop in Pa. been using Pirelli tires on my FZ6 since I wore out my stock tires 06 . The Diablo is a great tire also but the Angel ST is a better mileage tire the guy I work with rides an R1 and also swears by them.:thumbup:

keef

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are right! I just picked up my bike from the shop. Takes very little to no effort to turn the bike! I am going to have to take it easy on these for a bit!
Glad I read this post and decided on the Angel's.

Thx!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Have thought about the Angles, but really like the PR2's I've had and the PR3 I have now. Took a 1,200 mile trip last month in temps up to 100 degrees rode thru lots of rain and no problems. I ride all year in all temps and know what my current tires can do and concerned will get a set that is not as good.

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
I bought my bike with new Angel ST's on it. as it was my first and only bike, I have nothing to really compare it to, but the tires never let me down! Rode 5 hours in heavy rain once, speeds ranging from 60 to 90 mph...never slipped, not even once!

I just replaced them before a big trip, they were kinda flattening out but had legal tread, that was after roughly 10,000 miles!

I replaced them with Bridgestone BT-023s, which have also performed stellar for me in long, fast rain rides. I'm curious how long these last, 10k seems pretty good, even for a dual compound tire.